Missing BB Media Player

Thread: Missing BB Media Player

althethird is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Liked
    1 times

Missing BB Media Player

Does anyone know how to install Blackberry's media player? Mine has been missing and cant remember if I had it even with 320... right now I'm using 451. I can listen to music but when I have to switch applications such as viewing email or ending a call, I can not "switch application" back to the media player. At that point, I'm left with either using the volume buttons to skip forward or backwards but I cannot see info such as song title, artist name, time remaining in song, etc. This has become rather annoying.

Thanks.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by althethird View Post
    Does anyone know how to install Blackberry's media player? Mine has been missing and cant remember if I had it even with 320... right now I'm using 451. I can listen to music but when I have to switch applications such as viewing email or ending a call, I can not "switch application" back to the media player. At that point, I'm left with either using the volume buttons to skip forward or backwards but I cannot see info such as song title, artist name, time remaining in song, etc. This has become rather annoying.

Thanks.
    I would try a wipe and reinstall.. I just checked and I have the full .451 on my 9550 and its there. Did you shrink it out or are you using a hybrid?

althethird is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the reply. I have the full 451, not shrunk. Maybe its the way I chose to use media player. I have the media folder with Music, Vides, Pictures, etc. but instead of clicking on Music and just playing, I use the menu button to explore folders then select play folder or play subfolder. I go this route because I think it's too cumbersome to create play lists.

If that's my problem, I hope BB adds play folder along with the option to play all songs, artists, albums etc.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by althethird View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have the full 451, not shrunk. Maybe its the way I chose to use media player. I have the media folder with Music, Vides, Pictures, etc. but instead of clicking on Music and just playing, I use the menu button to explore folders then select play folder or play subfolder. I go this route because I think it's too cumbersome to create play lists.

If that's my problem, I hope BB adds play folder along with the option to play all songs, artists, albums etc.
    If you go under music (mind you I synced with itunes so that could be why) i have artist, all songs, genre and a few others. Play lists are a pain but it very well could be the way you are doing it. Try doing it the other way once and see what happnes