"q" is driving me mad!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: "q" is driving me mad!

  1. #1
    loccusst is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Device
    storm 2
    Posts
    5

    "q" is driving me mad!

    When I try to type anything and I mean anything the phone enters the letter "q". Even if the phone is sitting still on my desk. Is there a way to reset the the phone back to the way it came off the assembly line or something....frustrated. Just got the phone 2 days ago. Is there a way to fix it without going back to Verizon?




  2. #2
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by loccusst View Post
    When I try to type anything and I mean anything the phone enters the letter "q". Even if the phone is sitting still on my desk. Is there a way to reset the the phone back to the way it came off the assembly line or something....frustrated. Just got the phone 2 days ago. Is there a way to fix it without going back to Verizon?
    Have you tried a battery pull yet ?

  3. #3
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    If that doesn't work you can go to options>security options>and security wipe and give that a try. Also Welcome to

  4. #4
    loccusst is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Device
    storm 2
    Posts
    5
    The battery pull seems to be working for now. Thank you.

  5. #5
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by loccusst View Post
    The battery pull seems to be working for now. Thank you.

    no problem !!!

  6. #6
    loccusst is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Device
    storm 2
    Posts
    5
    started again after working just fine for a couple of hours. Guess I will try the security options thing now.

  7. #7
    ShimmyShine's Avatar
    ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gowen, Michigan
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    242
    It could be an OS problem, but something like that is generally a hardware issue somewhere. If you have any warranty left, I would take advantage of it..
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

  8. #8
    loccusst is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Device
    storm 2
    Posts
    5
    The security Wipe seemed to have worked. I think when it removed the Flashlight App it fixed the issue. It's the only thing I can think of but the phone works and I am happy.

  9. #9
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by loccusst View Post
    The security Wipe seemed to have worked. I think when it removed the Flashlight App it fixed the issue. It's the only thing I can think of but the phone works and I am happy.
    I am glad you have it figured out. :biggthumpup:

  10. #10
    Bitpartdemon's Avatar
    Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    127
    Welcome! The people on here are the best and crazy helpful! They always know multiple ways of solving issues!
    Posted via mobile device

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •