30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times

Berryweather issues

I downloaded the new Berryweather app but when my screen is suppose to update the home screen of the icon, i keep getting N/A. what is the deal with this. Is there a way to correct this? Maybe I have a setting on wrong. Please help. Thanks

Friendship is a lot like peeing in your pants. Sure a lot of people can see it but it is only you, who can feel the true warmth.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Are you using a location or a gps location?
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I had this problem when the GPS was not working on my phone. Do you know if it is ? i would check settings > general settings and see if it is set to GPS (cell location fallback).
    Last edited by Tevansny; 02-09-2010 at 05:33 PM.

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    The GPS on my phone works fine and I have on. The setting I have is GPS (cell location fallback). It brings up the setting but I have it to update every 2 hours and when the time comes and it updates, then the N/A shows up. It wasn't doing this yesterday.
    Friendship is a lot like peeing in your pants. Sure a lot of people can see it but it is only you, who can feel the true warmth.

handsomechap is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod623 View Post
    Easy Fix, Delete BerryWeather and Install Weathereye. I have had both and prefer Weathereye, less glitches. and stays up more.
    I agree. Otherwise, there is a one-time setup process--after you first download the app--that requires you to walk outside into an open space, hold up your phone, and release your grip.

Seriously though, BerryWeather "sources" are known to go down from time to time. I'd wait it out until tomorrow. And, if you're wondering about forecasting accuracy...this last Saturday, my BW 5-day forecast predicted snow and lows of 28*F. (I live in a desert.)

PROB1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow PROB1 On Twitter
    PIN
    3229CE01
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    When you upgraded did you delete the old version first? As I recall you were suppose to. If not I would delete it now, reboot, resend it to your phone and re-install. I've always plugged in a zip code in mine and it's fine 99.99% of the time. It did have a problem updating last night about 11pm but was fine this morning and has worked since without any issues.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    In regards to the BW outage. We had a hardware issue with one of our servers last night. We are testing a hosting cluster which should increase the update times. We have had a few area's reporting failures today as well. If the problem persists throughout the night or into tomorrow please head over to our site and report the locations.

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    In regards to the BW outage. We had a hardware issue with one of our servers last night. We are testing a hosting cluster which should increase the update times. We have had a few area's reporting failures today as well. If the problem persists throughout the night or into tomorrow please head over to our site and report the locations.
    Sounds like we have our answer. Thanks, smcoldbb!
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Thanks smc for the update.

And if you need to report it, here is the website:
    www.bellshare.com • View forum - BerryWeather (BeWeather)
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had a similar problem on the home screen for a while is saying berryweather instead of the setting of "condition" or "hi/lo". But when I access bw and return to the home screen is shows the correct text. It has done that since i downloaded the latest 2.1.40. Any one having that problem? any solutions?
    9530 -.75- .148- .191- .230- .323- .328- .328/351- BBC's v10 .328 Base
    9550 5.0.0.320 - .428 - .517 - .607- back to .517, .713
    is my favorite place to be!

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    I have had a similar problem on the home screen for a while is saying berryweather instead of the setting of "condition" or "hi/lo". But when I access bw and return to the home screen is shows the correct text. It has done that since i downloaded the latest 2.1.40. Any one having that problem? any solutions?
    What OS and device are you using?