Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera mini

horseshoe is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times

Opera mini

How does Opera mini 5.2 work on S/2 compared to the S/1? Is it faster? Any other comparisons?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    How does Opera mini 5.2 work on S/2 compared to the S/1? Is it faster? Any other comparisons?
    I had nothing but trouble on the storm 2 with opera

horseshoe is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info. Did you have the S/1 and try it there? Did it work better?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    Thanks for the info. Did you have the S/1 and try it there? Did it work better?
    on the storm one it was awesome.. very disappointed on the S2

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    I am having just the opposite findings... I couldn't dl on my s1, where I can on my S2. It seems a lot better experience wise!
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    I am having just the opposite findings... I couldn't dl on my s1, where I can on my S2. It seems a lot better experience wise!
    Posted via mobile device
    WOW... I am amazed I never had trouble with Storm 1 but with my storm 2 i can barley get it to work.. it will download and install and slightly useable but touching barley works... just a rough set up

tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    WOW... I am amazed I never had trouble with Storm 1 but with my storm 2 i can barley get it to work.. it will download and install and slightly useable but touching barley works... just a rough set up
    Opera Mini 5 beta works ok on my S2, altho I have it loaded pretty much as a backup in the event BIS takes a dump. Don't use it on a regular basis--the "touch-not-click" interface is annoying, among other issues, but not nearly as touch finicky as 4.2.

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm really surprised how well its working for me... I assumed the s1 was the one having the issues you are referring to...

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I never liked opera mini. For some reason I cant navigate well with it.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

StrateJaket is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    30ff9830
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I can not speak for the S1. However, on the S2 Opera Mini Beta 2 works great for me. The touch not click function took a little getting used to, but once you get the targeting down it flys through webpages very quickly. The tabbed browsing has never slowed my phone down, and the start page is very handy if you just want to check out a few pages real quick.

phred.phlintstone is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.328 BBC V10
    Liked
    0 times

Opera Mini

The problem I had on my S1 was the numerous bookmarks in 4.2 did not transfer to 5.2, so I lost a lot of work. Unfortunately, I deleted 4.2 and when I reinstalled it, bookmarks, history, etc. were wiped. Working with 5.2 was not that easy. Copy and paste did not seem to work. I could remove items from the start page, but it would not allow me to enter my own start page items. So, rather than start over with Opera Mini, I plan to use Bolt.

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Personally I really like Opera Mini. I find it to be way faster at loading pages than the default browser. Although it does take a little bit to get used to as it uses touch and not click. With that said, it isn't a perfect browser and could be improved.

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    The touch feature was slightly annoying to me, it was hard to switch the mindset from click to touch on the same device. Other than that, it worked fairly well. It did seem a bit odd that any time I needed to type in a password or username, it would go to a full page blank screen to type it in.
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I had opera on both S1 and S2 when it comes to speed I find them to be quite similar when using 3G. However when I turn on Wifi and then use Opera with my S2 the speed difference is unreal. My G/F has a S1 with Opera so I have done side by side tests with it. My only issue with Opera is I have yet to figure out how to copy and paste anyone know?

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been trying to use "post-it" notes, with no success as of yet...
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

fredphua is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Opera mini 5 works perfectly on WIFI after installation. However after a while it stops working even BB Browser still working perfectly. The weird part is I didn't do any changes on setting both on Opera & BB Browser.
    Opera keep on mentioning "unable to connect, please review your network settings." Things comes back to normal after a battery pull. But it repeat again after that.

Anyone facing this problem?

Device: Storm 9550

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Personally, I love Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 and I am a user who constantly fought with using a third party browser on a consistent, daily basis. I used Opera Mini on my Curve 8330 and enjoyed it, but did not use it on my Storm 1. I "stuck" with the native browser on my 9530 and didn't care enough for any other browser enough to forgo the default..until OM5B2 on my 9550.

This browser is, by far, the fastest loading with the most accurate rendering of any browser I've ever used on a BlackBerry (Bolt, Opera Mini 4, multiple versions of the default browsers, etc.) This is just my personal opinion, but I think it increases the value of Storm ten fold. Tabbed browsing is priceless on a device that I use the default browser for a lot of audio streaming (moodio, SiriusStreamer, etc.). I can't tell you how much I love having multiple web sites up at the same time thanks to the tabs. The Start Page lets you load about 9 bookmarks, but displays them as "previews" or "windows" of the actual site, which is a refreshing change to the normal text bookmarks (you still have the normal bookmarks which hold ALOT more than 9). The one thing I would like to see is the ability to have multiple pages for the Start Page and you can just scroll to the right for pg 2 and so on.

Can't wait for the webkit browser, but this certainly is keeping me happy just fine.

happystormuser is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    i have the 9530 and i use opera mini, bolt and the bb browser every day. i like all three for different uses.

1. bb browser: for mobile web sites like bbos and bgr mobile. and if i need to download anything

2. opera mini: for speed and just plain surfing the web, it is the fastest imo. for me OM shows full web rendering about 85% of the time. my other promblem is about 50% of the time i get a blank screen unless i click on it and zoom in, this gets annoying, but i still like it and still use it alot.

3. bolt: imo has the most riches web page rendering and i get that 100% of the time. i use it when i go to non mobile websites and want look at all pix, view videos thats on thier web page and blog.

can't wait to get a better browser from rimm.

tommyticketguy is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow tommyticketguy On Twitter
    PIN
    3115134B
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    So far thumbs up on Storm 2.
    CLICK HERE TO Follow us on Twitter
    CLICK HERE TO Join our Facebook Fan Page
    CLICK HERE TO visit our Ticketing Website

soul226 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow soul226 On Twitter
    PIN
    Device
    Storm 1
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

same here

Quote Originally Posted by fredphua View Post
    Opera mini 5 works perfectly on WIFI after installation. However after a while it stops working even BB Browser still working perfectly. The weird part is I didn't do any changes on setting both on Opera & BB Browser.
    Opera keep on mentioning "unable to connect, please review your network settings." Things comes back to normal after a battery pull. But it repeat again after that.

Anyone facing this problem?

Device: Storm 9550
    also havin the same problem and yes the batterry pull works but am tired of doing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast