Wifi Question

Thread: Wifi Question

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Wifi Question

I have a minor issue:

I want to be able to use my Wifi connection when I am in my home, specifically the Hotspot Browser. But, once I am no longer within the range of my home network, I want to obviously connect to the web via my 3G coverage and the Internet Browser (not Hotspot Browser).

On my phone, I have set the Wifi network up and have my options set to automatically connect within range, but this does not change the Browser Config. I've gone as far as setting the default browser to "Hotspot Browser" in Browser > Options > General Properties. The problem with this, though, is that if I am not connected to Wifi, everytime the browser launches I am given an error message dialog box stating that "This if a Wifi service" and, in short, doesn't connect and still tries to launch the Hotspot browser.

My question is, is there anyway to set the phone to connect to the web using the "Hotspot Browser" when I am connected to a Wifi network, but know to change and connect using the "Internet Browser' when I am not in Wifi range? You'd think that it would try to connect using "both" browsers before giving me an error message about connectivity, but that's not the case.

I don't think there is a way, but I thought I'd ask. It's just a pain to have to go into the options and change the browser configuration everytime I move from a Wifi area to non Wifi. Thanks.

sunkast Guest
    If you go to mobile network options, can you set your connections preference to wifi preferred?

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    If you go to mobile network options, can you set your connections preference to wifi preferred?
    I've done this, but this doesn't stop the device from trying to use the Hotspot Browser when I'm not connected to Wifi.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    MrWireless,

I've left my browser configuration to Internet Browser and was able to have the device detect the difference.

How I know this is that when I'm around a WiFi connection, my device will display the WiFi source but once the source is no longer available the source name is no longer being displayed on the screen.