stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by travisn000 View Post
    If typing is the major issue, cough up a couple of bucks and buy yourself a copy of vlingo. It's a great little voice-to-text app, and the most recent version will work with most all applications (BBM, Google Maps, etc). It seems to get smarter the more you use it; as with all voice recognition software, the clearer you speak the better it works!
    This is true. I tried vlingo on my storm 1 and the only reason I didn't keep it is because I needed to free up some memory at: That shouldn't be a problem with the S2. It definitely gets better the more you use it.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by travisn000 View Post
    ...when talking to my phone might be innapropriate.
    Thanks for this great insight!

PROB1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow PROB1 On Twitter
    PIN
    3229CE01
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by besjr69 View Post
    Hitman,

I have mixed feelings on the S2 myself. I rushed out and got the S1 and wasn't satisfied with typing on it. Worked with VZW to get the Tour at the contract price (I was beyond my 30day limit). The only issue I had with the Tour was the darned trackball. So I waited and got the S2 off of eBay a couple weeks before Xmas. I had the same issue with it as with the S1. I love the new screen, memory and features, but typing on a touch screen is not for me (finger tips are too big). I just can't deal with constantly having to correct my typing. So I'm back to my trusty Tour. Also, the Tour is much more responsive than either the S1 or S2. I've kept the OS updated on the S2 with every leak or hybrid I can find and it still isn't as responsive. The only thing I miss between the Tour as the S2 is the screen. But I'll sacrifice that over the ability to type faster. Hope this helps your decision. Bottom line, if you like features stick with the S2. If you like utility get a Tour. The S1 is not an option for me.

Bobby
    I have to agree with you Bobby, even though I never tried the S2. I had the S1 and it made me crazy most of the time. I upgraded to the Tour and love it. Sold the S1 on Ebay less than a week later, don't miss it a bit. Fortunately my Tour has not had any trackball issues.

travisn000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    --304E1F01--
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    This is true. I tried vlingo on my storm 1 and the only reason I didn't keep it is because I needed to free up some memory at: That shouldn't be a problem with the S2. It definitely gets better the more you use it.
    ...yea, that is one of my biggest complaints with my S1, not enough memory!

With vlingo and drivesafe.ly installed I have very little room left for other apps. I am constantly deleting this or that to make room to try something new.. however, I can say that I value these two so much that I never remove either one of them (..there are not many apps that I can say that of! ).

handsomechap is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    I'm surprised as well. My S2 definitely beats my S1. Before you ditch it, load one of the hybrid OS to it, it makes a huge difference! I thought I had a defective S2 because the bottom were very tough to use even with them recognizing the touch. The first hybrid I used was Ooak's and it made all the difference, it still is strange that the OS can impact the buttons and screen click in the S2.
    Totally agree. Because, when is "stock" ever any good...

bob61 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    With latest offer I had from VZW, snagged Storm2 for $129 (1 year early upgrade). After using the phone for a couple days have to say I was happy with my original Storm. The Storm2 is an improvement with the additional memory, touchscreen and WiFi is a bonus. I wouldn't have paid retail, and was just planning on waiting for my 2 year upgrade to come around, but the price was now reasonable and went for it and so far I'm happy I did.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    The differences between the Storm and the Storm II are immense. I went from daily battery pulls, to only pulling when I install an OS or theme. Memory, screen quality, typing quality, etc. just to name a few improvements keep my on the S2 awaiting the S3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12