20F30718
    Device
    BOLD
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm2 Bottom Keys

Hi Guys,
    I seem to be having problems with my new Blackberry Storm2 bottom keys, especially the escape and the Hang up key. They just become non-responsive sometimes or very difficult hard to click. Sometimes it frees up and its ok, but then out of the blue it happens again. Is my phone faulty? When booting up the phone is fine, you can click it freely, it only seems to happen when the OS is up.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Currently running OOAKD 5.0.0.451 hybrid

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by docloco86 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I seem to be having problems with my new Blackberry Storm2 bottom keys, especially the escape and the Hang up key. They just become non-responsive sometimes or very difficult hard to click. Sometimes it frees up and its ok, but then out of the blue it happens again. Is my phone faulty? When booting up the phone is fine, you can click it freely, it only seems to happen when the OS is up.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

No its probably not the phone but the hybrid you are running. One of OOAKD's there were some issues with. You many want to try changing the OS and see if you get a better feel

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    I have not had any issues like this. I have read where others were, but not since .451 came out. All phones are different though. I am running Seanren's hybrid and I am extremely pleased with it...here's the link if you want to try this and see if it changes anything for you.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...51-hybrid.html

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you...

jimmyt is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    My first storm two had similar problems - but the keys were always hard to press. The second storm 2 had the problems you describe. I put .428 on and the problems have greatly reduced.. however, the whole screen will sometimes lock up for a second or two after it vibrates when I receive a text or email.. when the screen vibrates for a call I do not have the problem.. I think its software related.. unlike my first storm 2 that was a hardware problem.
    Last edited by jimmyt; 01-27-2010 at 01:22 PM.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm really crossing my fingers that it is not hardware related - freezing screens and/or buttons could(!) be an indication of some piezoelectric going wrong

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    My original Storm 2 had this problem. The problem was intermittent. I took it back for a new one the next day and didn't have the problem anymore. But I have heard that a new OS can affect the buttons and how they function.

I would just get VZW to send a new one, or better yet, take it to a VZW store and swap it out there. It shouldn't cost anything and backing up all your data / apps is easy - we can help you with that here if you need it! Just remember you need to back everything up before you go to the store. All they can transfer there are your phone numbers.
    Last edited by TommyGrubz; 01-27-2010 at 04:10 PM.

sgt-d is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    i have it, but only within the first minute of booting or after hours on a charger... sometimes after extended periods of time in the holster. it's not major, but it is annoying.

sometimes i have to click the screen to show the icons because none of the bottom row are responsive.

sucks.

451 hybrid is the best os so far for it... i haven't seen this problem improve or get worse though. but hey, speed dial works.

HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    I too have been experiencing the same unresponsive issues, I will try upgrading OS soon to see if it solves the issue!
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I have not had any issues like this. I have read where others were, but not since .451 came out. All phones are different though. I am running Seanren's hybrid and I am extremely pleased with it...here's the link if you want to try this and see if it changes anything for you.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...51-hybrid.html

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you...
    I also agree with Orio. I had issues with the VZW official os and Ooak's hybrid with the bottom keys. I loaded Seanren's hybrid and it's like a new phone, the buttons are extremely easy to use now, I used to think I would break the screen pressing them so hard! :crazy:

Give it a try, you will love it! As always, if you run into a problem during the install, everyone here will help out!!!
    Crickee

Walter66 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Walter66 On Twitter
    PIN
    32fbf84f
    Device
    Z10,PB64
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by docloco86 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Posted via mobile device

Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    I also agree with Orio. I had issues with the VZW official os and Ooak's hybrid with the bottom keys. I loaded Seanren's hybrid and it's like a new phone, the buttons are extremely easy to use now, I used to think I would break the screen pressing them so hard! :crazy:

Give it a try, you will love it! As always, if you run into a problem during the install, everyone here will help out!!!
    I also agree with this but I'm using Lyricidal's version of the hybrid.

xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I was having the same problem with the bottoms key being hard to press or not pressing at all. but I have realized that they will not press unless it "feels" your finger on the key. That gos with any part of the screen. Try clicking the screen with something other than your finger. it will not depress. touch your finger to it and then it will click. It must "sense" your finger before it "clicks". Just an observation.
    9530 -.75- .148- .191- .230- .323- .328- .328/351- BBC's v10 .328 Base
    9550 5.0.0.320 - .428 - .517 - .607- back to .517, .713
    is my favorite place to be!

StrateJaket is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    30ff9830
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Might not be related, but what case do you have if any on your phone? I put the otterbox defender on mine, and lined my screen protector up on the bottom of the screen where the buttons are, I had issues with the keys appearing to be locked up or sticking. I realigned the screen protector to the top of the screen and it fixed my problem. It seems the tolerances on the case are very tight. Just my 2 pennies

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    I was having the same problem with the bottoms key being hard to press or not pressing at all. but I have realized that they will not press unless it "feels" your finger on the key. That gos with any part of the screen. Try clicking the screen with something other than your finger. it will not depress. touch your finger to it and then it will click. It must "sense" your finger before it "clicks". Just an observation.
    Wow....that is crazy. I never noticed that before. Sometimes I have trouble answering calls by clicking answer. For some reason I can always click ignore and quite the ringtone but not answer. The bottom keys always work for me though.