Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 9

  1. #1
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469

    Upgrading OS on Corporate Server? HELP

    I have a personal and just received a business Storm2. I have no problems updating my personal Storms OS but is there anything I need to know when I try to upgrade the OS on my business Storm before I try it? Is the process the same for updating?




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    I have a personal and just received a business Storm2. I have no problems updating my personal Storms OS but is there anything I need to know when I try to upgrade the OS on my business Storm before I try it? Is the process the same for updating?
    It is the same but depending on how locked down the IT guys keep it you may not be able to register back into the BES I think. You would be best off to ask them first what they keep locked down or if they mind if you do that..

  3. #3
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    I have a personal and just received a business Storm2. I have no problems updating my personal Storms OS but is there anything I need to know when I try to upgrade the OS on my business Storm before I try it? Is the process the same for updating?

    You will just have to BES activate it and then you will be all good.
    Posted via mobile device

  4. #4
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    You will just have to BES activate it and then you will be all good.
    Posted via mobile device
    What do I need to do to reactivate the BES?
    Posted via mobile device

  5. #5
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    What do I need to do to reactivate the BES?
    Posted via mobile device
    Your IT will have to generate an activation pw for you and then you go into advanced options and enterprise activate it.

  6. #6
    Bitpartdemon's Avatar
    Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    6.0.0.246
    Posts
    127
    Regarding this. I want to upgrade the OS on my current 8330. How can I upgrade it without involving the IT guy? If I try from a work computer it tells me to contact the administrator. Can I avoid that some how?
    Posted via mobile device

  7. #7
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitpartdemon View Post
    Regarding this. I want to upgrade the OS on my current 8330. How can I upgrade it without involving the IT guy? If I try from a work computer it tells me to contact the administrator. Can I avoid that some how?
    Posted via mobile device
    Unfortunately I don't know of any way you could.

  8. #8
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    I al so was hoping for a work around to not have to involve IT department, but it doesn't seem like it is going to be a possibility......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •