9550 (verizon unlocked in argentinian gsm carrier) and location

Thread: 9550 (verizon unlocked in argentinian gsm carrier) and location

rcocchiararo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rcocchiararo On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

9550 (verizon unlocked in argentinian gsm carrier) and location

Hi

Since changing my bold 9000 for this 9550, ive been missing agps/cell tower triangulation for a faster inicial fix on google mapsm

But now that i use ubertwitter and foursquare, its not only that i miss the faster fix (which in turn, made the map loading process faster too, since it began loading the correct section sooner), but i can't use location features at all in those apps.

Foursquare has no settings, and ubertwitter has options for cell tower triangulation, agps, agps + gps, gps.

No setting in ubertwitter gives me location, outdors or whatever.

For some reason googlemaps finds my locartion with 100 meters of acuracy when im on my house wifi, but the other apps cant with that either.

I read that verizon limits cell tower triangulation and agps to only bbmaps and verizon navigator (using some lame excuse).

Is there any trick/mod/setting i could use to allow other apps to use the faster and less acurate location options?

I find it weird that in the gps settings screen i never see coordinates like in my bold (i stiLl have my bold, and every app works fine there, but i cant go back to it cause i cant fit all my apps into it )

I thought about trying to sell the 9550 and get a 9520, but i dont know if the limitations will be on that phone too.

I thought about going suicidal and try stuff with mfi, but then i thought ... Not too
    Posted via mobile device

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    In settings on Über... Try changing the connection to TCP. That will give you a direct connection to their server and speed that up. As for Foursquare... I'm not sure what to do with that... As I have never used it! Maybe somebody else will chime In about that.
    Posted via mobile device

rcocchiararo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rcocchiararo On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    mmmmmm, i never said ubertwitter was SLOW :/

besides, direct tcp only works with wifi here.

what i need is ubertwitter and foursquare to efectibly use my phone's "pure" GPS, or bypas verizon restriction on AGPS and cell tower triangulation (without debranding, which is not posible, as far as i know)