Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times

Returning Storm2

I think i'm going to have to return my Storm2 because of the headset speaker is sounding like it's crackling. Sometimes it clears up but most of the
    time you can hardly understand what the person is saying. You don't think it could be the software doing that, do you? Should I put the official OS on it before I take it back or won't they care about that?
    I hate returning my phone and having to go through all those refurbs again like I did with my Storm1.

sunkast Guest
    Doesn't sound like a software issue to me.

zerog46 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    Na, sounds like a speaker problem.

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Give this a shot first, see if it helps - all credit goes to viperboy over @ droidforums.net:
    - Improve Call Audio Quality (Doesn't seem to work if you have anything to do with Alltel!)

* Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
    * Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
    * Tap on "04 Vocode"
    * Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
    * Tap the Home Screen button and the phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
    * Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.
    Hopefully this will save you a trip - but personally, it sounds like a speaker issue like zerog46 said. Good luck!

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post
    Give this a shot first, see if it helps - all credit goes to viperboy over @ droidforums.net:
    - Improve Call Audio Quality (Doesn't seem to work if you have anything to do with Alltel!)

* Tap on "04 Vocode"
    * Tap the Home Screen button and the phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
    * Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.
    Hopefully this will save you a trip - but personally, it sounds like a speaker issue like zerog46 said. Good luck!
    I'm not having any luck getting that menu up. Do you hit the send key after
    entering that ##7764726?

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry Striker - I didn't realize its different for the storm2. Thought it worked for all verizon phones. I tried on my wifes storm,and no luck either. There's a way to do it, but its a different input code. I know I've seen it around here, gonna search it and see if I can find something for ya.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Believe it or not, it must be a software issue. I put .320 back on my phone because I didn't want to return it with a hybrid on it and now the speaker doesn't do that. I can't believe it, either. Makes me sick that I have to use
    .320. Hard buttons all over again. Maybe that fix that one person said may have fixed it. If anyone knows that fix please let me know.

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    Believe it or not, it must be a software issue. I put .320 back on my phone because I didn't want to return it with a hybrid on it and now the speaker doesn't do that. I can't believe it, either. Makes me sick that I have to use
    .320. Hard buttons all over again. Maybe that fix that one person said may have fixed it. If anyone knows that fix please let me know.
    Did you try strait .428 ? I have been using that since it came out and it has been great.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    Did you try strait .428 ? I have been using that since it came out and it has been great.
    I will try it, Thanks.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post

* Tap on "04 Vocode"
    Does anyone know the access number to the Storm2 like this person was talking about above? This one doesn't work on the Storm2.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    The code to access the programming menu is #4357* from within the dialer if I am not mistaken. I could be, however, it's been a couple of months since i've used a Storm.

kermitt4212 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow kermitt4212 On Twitter
    PIN
    3212AFA1
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    The code to access the programming menu is #4357* from within the dialer if I am not mistaken. I could be, however, it's been a couple of months since i've used a Storm.
    That does bring up a status menu but it doesn't allow you to edit anything.

I you dial ##000000 it brings up the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Is that what you guys were looking for?

Stan is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3097E59E
    Device
    Storm 9530T
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow what's that screen for? haa,ha!

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kermitt4212 View Post
    That does bring up a status menu but it doesn't allow you to edit anything.

I you dial ##000000 it brings up the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Is that what you guys were looking for?
    Hm. Maybe I am too stupid - but nothing is happening here, only get an info, that these numbers aren't correct phone numbers from an automated operator...