I think i'm going to have to return my Storm2 because of the headset speaker is sounding like it's crackling. Sometimes it clears up but most of the
time you can hardly understand what the person is saying. You don't think it could be the software doing that, do you? Should I put the official OS on it before I take it back or won't they care about that?
I hate returning my phone and having to go through all those refurbs again like I did with my Storm1.
Doesn't sound like a software issue to me.
Na, sounds like a speaker problem.
Give this a shot first, see if it helps - all credit goes to viperboy over @ droidforums.net:
- Improve Call Audio Quality (Doesn't seem to work if you have anything to do with Alltel!)
* Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
* Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
* Tap on "04 Vocode"
* Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
* Tap the Home Screen button and the phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
* Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.
Hopefully this will save you a trip - but personally, it sounds like a speaker issue like zerog46 said. Good luck!
I'm not having any luck getting that menu up. Do you hit the send key after
Originally Posted by Spector5
entering that ##7764726?
Sorry Striker - I didn't realize its different for the storm2. Thought it worked for all verizon phones. I tried on my wifes storm,and no luck either. There's a way to do it, but its a different input code. I know I've seen it around here, gonna search it and see if I can find something for ya.
Believe it or not, it must be a software issue. I put .320 back on my phone because I didn't want to return it with a hybrid on it and now the speaker doesn't do that. I can't believe it, either. Makes me sick that I have to use
.320. Hard buttons all over again. Maybe that fix that one person said may have fixed it. If anyone knows that fix please let me know.
Did you try strait .428 ? I have been using that since it came out and it has been great.
Originally Posted by Striker951