Being asked to set Permission after "EVERY" Battery Pull???

Thread: Being asked to set Permission after "EVERY" Battery Pull???

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times

Being asked to set Permission after "EVERY" Battery Pull???

I would like to know if anyone has any idea on what I need to do to "STOP" my S2 from asking me to set my "Application Permission" settings and leave my "default Permissions" to "Allow". I bought the Bedroid theme app which came with "Stop turning" app. Supposedly, this "Stop turning" app does two things; 1, stop your screen from turning when you don't want it to and 2, "SAVES" all setting after each reboot. Apparently this app does only 1 part of its 2 part duty. After loading OSs like I do almost all the time, its so irritating having to set permissions "Every" time I do a battery pull. I thing my S1 was fine when I had "Stop Turning" but S2 seems to not want to play nice with "Stop Turning". Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    After a 3rd party backup it's quite common that you have to give the permissions once, but you say, every battery pull from now on? That's really strange. Have you tried a clean install of the app?

jbjr43 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just ask
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by breiti
    After a 3rd party backup it's quite common that you have to give the permissions once, but you say, every battery pull from now on? That's really strange. Have you tried a clean install of the app?
    Also when you change them do you "set as default"?

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    I typically do not set an app to default - since this would be (imho) RIMs default - but not what the app needs - I accept, what the app is suggesting (unless there is something I do not like and test manually)

PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    When you say "Clean install", You mean like manually installing each 3rd party app separately instead of using BBSAK to install all the CODs? That sounds like a good idea and I will try that. What about the "Stop Turning" app? is it just a waste of my time? This happens to "Visual Voicemail as well! Thanks for the input

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah View Post
    When you say "Clean install", You mean like manually installing each 3rd party app separately instead of using BBSAK to install all the CODs? That sounds like a good idea and I will try that. What about the "Stop Turning" app? is it just a waste of my time? This happens to "Visual Voicemail as well! Thanks for the input
    I'm not trying hijack a thread, but have you contacted the developer of that theme?

PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    I'm not trying hijack a thread, but have you contacted the developer of that theme?
    I didn't bother, am too irritated trying to figure this damn thing out..Thanks for your concern anyways..

BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    That happened to twice when I installed hybrids .428 & 436. I would set a app to allow, reboot & it would be back to custom. So I set the default in an app to allow then from the menu select "apply default to all". It asked for permission a few times after a couple reboots, but as been working fine ever since. No clue why I kept happening.