the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Liked
    0 times

FlyCast and STORM 2

I cannot get Flycast to work on my Storm 2 unless I have the phone connected via wi-fi --- I am stumped.

Permissions are all set to allow
    I have 3G coverage
    Compatability settings are disabled

Slacker works fine -- iHeart Radio works fine

I dont get it

HELP!!!!!!!!!!:Eyecrazy::Eyecrazy:

sunkast Guest
    Are there connection options any where in the app? I'm not familiar with it at all.

tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Are there connection options any where in the app? I'm not familiar with it at all.
    There are connection options but I've def looked at that already...

Prefer Wi-Fi
    Wi-Fi Only
    Network Only

Doesnt matter what I pick, the App still wont work via Network. My previous Berry was an Unlocked 9530 on T-Mobile (on 5.0) --- And it worked. I believe it required an APN with the T-Mobile Network, I am wondering if that is the case. My APN is checked in TCP settings but it is blank. When I add the Verizon APN and save it, the setting remains blank. Seeing that Verizon is a CDMA network, I am assuming that APN isn't required anyway.

Anybody, any ideas? Any FlyCast users???

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    There are connection options but I've def looked at that already...

Prefer Wi-Fi
    Wi-Fi Only
    Network Only

Doesnt matter what I pick, the App still wont work via Network. My previous Berry was an Unlocked 9530 on T-Mobile (on 5.0) --- And it worked. I believe it required an APN with the T-Mobile Network, I am wondering if that is the case. My APN is checked in TCP settings but it is blank. When I add the Verizon APN and save it, the setting remains blank. Seeing that Verizon is a CDMA network, I am assuming that APN isn't required anyway.

Anybody, any ideas? Any FlyCast users???
    Have you tried unchecking the APN in TCP settings?

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Have you tried unchecking the APN in TCP settings?
    Unchecking apn and then clcking save does nothing. If I go back into apn its checked again. I am unable to edit the settings. I believe all Verizon storm 2 phones are the same way.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Anybody reading these posts use FlyCast successfully with a Storm 2 on Verizon?

mg6035 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Anybody reading these posts use FlyCast successfully with a Storm 2 on Verizon?
    It works fine on my Storm2. I have it set to prefer wifi and all permissions set to allow. That's all I did. I am running version 2.12 and I have 2 modules showing. Flycast2.0 and Flycast Plugin. Go under the applications list and highlight Flycast and select it and see what version you are running and make sure you have 2 modules. I know this is what everybody says but maybe try uninstalling and then reinstalling if all else fails. But it's working fine on mine.

By the way, I don't have wifi where I am so it is obviously connecting via the network.
    Last edited by mg6035; 12-31-2009 at 10:20 PM.

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mg6035 View Post
    It works fine on my Storm2. I have it set to prefer wifi and all permissions set to allow. That's all I did. I am running version 2.12 and I have 2 modules showing. Flycast2.0 and Flycast Plugin. Go under the applications list and highlight Flycast and select it and see what version you are running and make sure you have 2 modules. I know this is what everybody says but maybe try uninstalling and then reinstalling if all else fails. But it's working fine on mine.

By the way, I don't have wifi where I am so it is obviously connecting via the network.
    I have the same version -- its the version on AppWorld -- All of the permissions are set to ALLOW and I have unistalled and reinstalled 4 or 5 times and I am doing it again while we speak.

Im def no newbie --- so this is killing me that I cant figure it out....:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Still no luck. All I want to use it for is streaming WGR 550 am radio in Buffalo NY. Its an ENTERCOM Station. Anybody know what other apps stream Entercom stations?

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Still no luck. All I want to use it for is streaming WGR 550 am radio in Buffalo NY. Its an ENTERCOM Station. Anybody know what other apps stream Entercom stations?
    I know these things can be extremely frustrating and every phone seems to have a mind of it's own. I know I haven't been able to get things to work before and others have with the exact same phone and settings. Weird. I noticed on another forum that you have a shrunk OS. I don't know much about those things but do you suppose that might have anything to do with it? I wish you luck.

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mg6035 View Post
    I know these things can be extremely frustrating and every phone seems to have a mind of it's own. I know I haven't been able to get things to work before and others have with the exact same phone and settings. Weird. I noticed on another forum that you have a shrunk OS. I don't know much about those things but do you suppose that might have anything to do with it? I wish you luck.
    Appreciate the input and care, however, no, a chrunk OS would have no ill effects on something life this. Shrinking an OS anly takes out the default garbage (my opinion) that is in the OS. ie. other languages, voice dialing, games, etc.

Also, I had a Storm 9530 shrunk and unlocked for t mobile with a 5.0 OS and it worked fine. My guess is that the app needs an APN and on a non locked storm you cannot add an APN --- if you do, it will just blank it out.

Any other ideas??!! Much appreciated!

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Appreciate the input and care, however, no, a chrunk OS would have no ill effects on something life this. Shrinking an OS anly takes out the default garbage (my opinion) that is in the OS. ie. other languages, voice dialing, games, etc.

Also, I had a Storm 9530 shrunk and unlocked for t mobile with a 5.0 OS and it worked fine. My guess is that the app needs an APN and on a non locked storm you cannot add an APN --- if you do, it will just blank it out.

Any other ideas??!! Much appreciated!
    Sounds like you know more about this stuff than I do because I don't even know what an APN is. I can tell you that I did nothing with anything called an APN when I installed Flycast. What is a non locked storm? I didn't get my app from App World though, I got it directly from the Flycast site. If you want to try and download it from where I got mine this is the link I got it from.

http://www.flycast.fm/bb20/storm/flycast20.jad

This is an OTA download so you would have to go there from your phone. Other than that I just don't know what else to tell you. Have you tried looking at the Flycast forums or posting your problem on their forum?

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Fly Cast working now --- I wiped and installed OOAKDPC 9550/9520 428/436 Hybrid --- and its working fine :-)

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Fly Cast working now --- I wiped and installed OOAKDPC 9550/9520 428/436 Hybrid --- and its working fine :-)
    Great!