Mobile Banking - PC push to Storm 2??

Thread: Mobile Banking - PC push to Storm 2??

freebirds87 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow freebirds87 On Twitter
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Mobile Banking - PC push to Storm 2??

I need a Storm 9530 user to do me a HUGE favor....

I need a copy of the Mobile Banking app for Verizon users??? You know the one... the one that lets you add multiple Banks and credit cards. I am hoping to push the apps to my Storm 2, seeing as how the website won't allow you to install over the air.

Could some one please just make a backup of their 3rd party apps and send me the alx and cod files?? My e-mail is freebirds87@gmail.com

-THANK YOU

Blackberry Tour 9630
    ======================

PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone help me with this??
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    ======================

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    i cant get mobile banking to work on my S2 either. i have not had a chance to call wachovia to see if they have any info. i plan on it tomorrow. i will post back.

mods... this thread should probably be moved to the 9550/9520 forums.
    Last edited by Miata492; 12-29-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    VZW Storm2 9550 5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid

PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Miata492 View Post
    i cant get mobile banking to work on my S2 either. i have not had a chance to call wachovia to see if they have any info. i plan on it tomorrow. i will post back.

mods... this thread should probably be moved to the 9550/9520 forums.
    I posted it here trying to gain the attention of a generous 9530 user. If one of them could backup their 3rd parts apps (just like they would if they were installing a new OS) and then email me a zip with the files in it, I am 90% sure I could then push the app to my S2. When doing it OTA you get a compatibility message which I think is just a check that hasn't been updated by Verizon or who ever is in charge of this app.

When backing up your third party apps you'll just be backing up the app not any of your personal information. So, there's no need in worrying that one of us is going to walk away with your bank information. Still though, I would prefer that some one who was familiar with this method of backing up apps, to do this for me. Just to be safe...
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    ======================

PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I was able to download this application to my storm 2 through Regions Bank's website. I am getting an error though, one that seems to have plagued other users besides me.

certificate not issues from expected source. The application is currently in offline mode
    Mods, will you please move this to the appropriate place now that we have the application on a S2.

Also, any S2 users who cant download this from their provider, just PM me and I will send you a backup of the application.
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    ======================

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    that is the same exact error i am getting too - certificate not issued... or i even get "mobile banking not available at this time.
    VZW Storm2 9550 5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid

PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Miata492 View Post
    that is the same exact error i am getting too - certificate not issued... or i even get "mobile banking not available at this time.
    Yeah I've gotten the Mobile Banking not available also... I searched google and found where this is a popular issue over at Crackberry in the Bold forums but they haven't been able to find a solution either. They think it's because Shink-A-OS is deleting all of the vender.xml files and that one of them actually can be used by applications (such as mobile banking) to determine your carrier. If this is indeed true then it would stop mobile banking from working... I'm too lazy to install a stock OS and try this theory.... maybe on my off time.
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    ======================