Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 19

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Right you have to change it to hotspot or it searches for BIS. It may not be auto switching because of the BIS being down but should still allow you to surf the web.

    thanks...at least now i can surf a bit. yes i called verizon and a rep said due to BIS being down i wasnt able to connect to wifi. but switching to hot spot solved the issue for now. thanks.



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    For some reason I had to switch both of my settings to hotspot. The one under configuration and general properties. Oh well. Everything is working now.
    Posted via mobile device

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ORANGE COUNTY
    PIN
    PRIVATE
    Device
    9650 (BOLD)
    OS
    Which ever is NEWEST
    Posts
    51
    So unhappy with the wifi on the s2, not as fast as the bold and javelin :irked:



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by liqrsicc View Post
    So unhappy with the wifi on the s2, not as fast as the bold and javelin :irked:
    Very true and we can blame RIM for choosing the crappy CPU for this device. I just ran a comparison of wifi verus 3G of the Storm and 3G was 2 times faster and I am connected via a router at 15mb/s

    On the Droid connected to wifi, full pages load almost instantly.

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Very true and we can blame RIM for choosing the crappy CPU for this device. I just ran a comparison of wifi verus 3G of the Storm and 3G was 2 times faster and I am connected via a router at 15mb/s
    Just did the same test. I'm on Verizon FIOS at 25Mbps here at home, and my S2 on 3G tested at 767 kbps and wireless at 576 kbps. Go figure.

    But, the 3G is pretty darn good.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    Just did the same test. I'm on Verizon FIOS at 25Mbps here at home, and my S2 on 3G tested at 767 kbps and wireless at 576 kbps. Go figure.

    But, the 3G is pretty darn good.
    Yes sir 3G on VZW is excellent. I generally get better than 1.0mbps.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yes sir 3G on VZW is excellent. I generally get better than 1.0mbps.
    I used cnet.com's bandwidth test. I usually use the speakeasy.com site on my puter, but it requires Flash so no go on BB. What are you using to test?

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    I use Xtreme labs speed test. You can download the app OTA here:

    http://www.xtremelabs.com/assets/mob.../speedtest.jad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •