Email from phone sending delivered message to email?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email from phone sending delivered message to email?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times

Email from phone sending delivered message to email?

Ok so I have tried to figure this out by myself but have not been able to. Any email account on my storm 2 that I send an email out from I am getting a delivered email message to my outlook or web based email box. This is quite problematic as i sometimes send out 15 replies to one email so I get 15 delivered. I have checked my email settings and there was nothing there pertaining to that message being sent. I would like to know if everyone gets this or just me or how to stop it lol.. Not often you catch me out here asking for this type of probably easy fix

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    i'm having that problem on my storm1 one also. but i'm going to activate my storm 2 today and i will let you know if i get those double emails also.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Yea I dont know if its something in the OS or if this is the email handling problem that everyone was talking about.. but its driving me BONKERS!!

tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Ok so I have tried to figure this out by myself but have not been able to. Any email account on my storm 2 that I send an email out from I am getting a delivered email message to my outlook or web based email box. This is quite problematic as i sometimes send out 15 replies to one email so I get 15 delivered. I have checked my email settings and there was nothing there pertaining to that message being sent. I would like to know if everyone gets this or just me or how to stop it lol.. Not often you catch me out here asking for this type of probably easy fix
    If you're using BIS, there is an option to always bcc--this might do it.

Since I use BIS and want to "live sync" my BB email xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net with my POP3 "real" business email account, I use this feature (I have Outlook set to always bcc my xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net). This way, any email generated on my laptop via my POP3 account lands on my BB, and vice-versa, which gives me of all my email correspondence on both my BB and my laptop.

I'm having no email issues with .428.
    Last edited by tbcpn; 12-15-2009 at 08:19 AM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    If you're using BIS, there is an option to always bcc--this might do it.

Since I use BIS and want to "live sync" my BB email xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net with my POP3 "real" business email account, I use this feature (I have Outlook set to always bcc my xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net). This way, any email generated on my laptop via my POP3 account lands on my BB, and vice-versa, which gives me of all my email correspondence on both my BB and my laptop.
    The thing is I dont have that set and its only when I send from the BB to email, that I get it on my laptop, I never get it on the BB, just the PC

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    The thing is I dont have that set and its only when I send from the BB to email, that I get it on my laptop, I never get it on the BB, just the PC

Is your email (PC) account configured to deliver the message to your pc and to immeadiately after delete the message from your mailbox?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    Is your email (PC) account configured to deliver the message to your pc and to immeadiately after delete the message from your mailbox?
    I dont even know what that means.. lol it never did this before.. it didnt start til I got my storm 2

PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    potentially (provided your PC is on and regularly checking emails) the PC is faster than the RIM service. If the PC is configured to download to PC and delete from mailbox, your berry has no chance in getting the mail.

You are using outlook? Under mailbox options there should be a menu item where you can choose to "leave message on server"

...which on the other hand means, that they will accumulate on the server, if no program (or berry) deletes them once in a while...
    Last edited by breiti; 12-15-2009 at 03:12 PM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    potentially (provided your PC is on and regularly checking emails) the PC is faster than the RIM service. If the PC is configured to download to PC and delete from mailbox, your berry has no chance in getting the mail.

You are using outlook? Under mailbox options there should be a menu item where you can choose to "leave message on server"

...which on the other hand means, that they will accumulate on the server, if no program (or berry) deletes them once in a while...
    oh see thats not my problem.. the delivered emails are NOT going to the berry only to the PC, i never get them on my phone. They only go to the PC when I send from the phone. so if I respond via my berry to an email you send me I wil get a delivered message on my PC only not on the BB

JoshSeawell is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    ASK
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Goto your Messages on your phone, Go into Options > Email Settings, in the drop down on Message Services select your email address, and then go down and see if you have Confirm Delivery set to yes. If so change it to no.
    -JoshSeawell

JoshSeawell.com

visortgw is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9650 (aka Bold)
    OS
    v5.0.0.975
    Liked
    2 times

Lightbulb

From within the RIM Messages app on the device, navigate to Email Settings within Options (from the app menu). Select the Message Service (if more than one is configured on your device) that is generating the delivery messages on your PC. Make sure that both Confirm Delivery and Confirm Read are set to No.

PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
    From within the RIM Messages app on the device, navigate to Email Settings within Options (from the app menu). Select the Message Service (if more than one is configured on your device) that is generating the delivery messages on your PC. Make sure that both Confirm Delivery and Confirm Read are set to No.

Here we go, this (hopefully) should be it!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Nope sorry they are all set to no I just double checked.

PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Nope sorry they are all set to no I just double checked.
    Hmmmmmm, have you tried to re-send your service books (via help on your RIM service account?)

Or delete all your email accounts on your berry with email setup - and then add them manually again? (had to do that several times, to really get the right service books...)

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Hmmmmmm, have you tried to re-send your service books (via help on your RIM service account?)

Or delete all your email accounts on your berry with email setup - and then add them manually again? (had to do that several times, to really get the right service books...)
    resent service books. just loaded a new os today and added back all my email by manual entry not restore.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    8 times
    could be a setting in outlook telling to confirm delivery or receipt, you might want to check that on outlook...
    BlackBerry by Choice!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    could be a setting in outlook telling to confirm delivery or receipt, you might want to check that on outlook...
    its on 3 different outlooks and even my web based log ins.. ie- if i go to website and log in they are there too lol.. thanks E i thought you would have my answer for sure

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    8 times
    ok only think i could think of is go to your carrier bis page and delete your accounts, then add them back, resend service books and go to the phone and make sure confirm delivery and read are set to no on both email and sms if you have them separate...
    BlackBerry by Choice!

glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had this same issue forever.....

My BB shows a "delivered" next to the recipient, while my email on my Mac actually gets an email saying so....

I thought this was just me.....

I can't just put "confirm delivered/received" to NO... I need to know whether my emails have been read.....

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast