Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS

Email from phone sending delivered message to email?

Ok so I have tried to figure this out by myself but have not been able to. Any email account on my storm 2 that I send an email out from I am getting a delivered email message to my outlook or web based email box. This is quite problematic as i sometimes send out 15 replies to one email so I get 15 delivered. I have checked my email settings and there was nothing there pertaining to that message being sent. I would like to know if everyone gets this or just me or how to stop it lol.. Not often you catch me out here asking for this type of probably easy fix

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    i'm having that problem on my storm1 one also. but i'm going to activate my storm 2 today and i will let you know if i get those double emails also.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Yea I dont know if its something in the OS or if this is the email handling problem that everyone was talking about.. but its driving me BONKERS!!

tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Ok so I have tried to figure this out by myself but have not been able to. Any email account on my storm 2 that I send an email out from I am getting a delivered email message to my outlook or web based email box. This is quite problematic as i sometimes send out 15 replies to one email so I get 15 delivered. I have checked my email settings and there was nothing there pertaining to that message being sent. I would like to know if everyone gets this or just me or how to stop it lol.. Not often you catch me out here asking for this type of probably easy fix
    If you're using BIS, there is an option to always bcc--this might do it.

Since I use BIS and want to "live sync" my BB email xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net with my POP3 "real" business email account, I use this feature (I have Outlook set to always bcc my xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net). This way, any email generated on my laptop via my POP3 account lands on my BB, and vice-versa, which gives me of all my email correspondence on both my BB and my laptop.

I'm having no email issues with .428.
    Last edited by tbcpn; 12-15-2009 at 09:19 AM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    If you're using BIS, there is an option to always bcc--this might do it.

Since I use BIS and want to "live sync" my BB email xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net with my POP3 "real" business email account, I use this feature (I have Outlook set to always bcc my xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net). This way, any email generated on my laptop via my POP3 account lands on my BB, and vice-versa, which gives me of all my email correspondence on both my BB and my laptop.
    The thing is I dont have that set and its only when I send from the BB to email, that I get it on my laptop, I never get it on the BB, just the PC

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    The thing is I dont have that set and its only when I send from the BB to email, that I get it on my laptop, I never get it on the BB, just the PC

Is your email (PC) account configured to deliver the message to your pc and to immeadiately after delete the message from your mailbox?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    Is your email (PC) account configured to deliver the message to your pc and to immeadiately after delete the message from your mailbox?
    I dont even know what that means.. lol it never did this before.. it didnt start til I got my storm 2

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    potentially (provided your PC is on and regularly checking emails) the PC is faster than the RIM service. If the PC is configured to download to PC and delete from mailbox, your berry has no chance in getting the mail.

You are using outlook? Under mailbox options there should be a menu item where you can choose to "leave message on server"

...which on the other hand means, that they will accumulate on the server, if no program (or berry) deletes them once in a while...
    Last edited by breiti; 12-15-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast