Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Did do a clean install without vendor.xml

Thanks for the advise, I will follow the guide and do it all over again to see if it helps. Nothing else I can do cause my service provider is not the one who sold the phone to me, the Storm is Verizon and I'm in Guatemala with Claro.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpandatech View Post
    Did do a clean install without vendor.xml

Thanks for the advise, I will follow the guide and do it all over again to see if it helps. Nothing else I can do cause my service provider is not the one who sold the phone to me, the Storm is Verizon and I'm in Guatemala with Claro.

Then I would do exactly what you said, follow the guide and start over. It may be a simple issue, or not. One of the most important things Neo mentions in the walkthrough is to pull your battery THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES for 60 seconds after the final install/device reboot. That helps tremendously.

Please make sure you post your results here. is here to help you as much as possible.

Good luck!

Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    I regret to report that I still don't get EDGE. However, the last time the phone connected to EDGE it was left alone for a few days before it did, so it could be a matter of time.
    The three consecutive battery pulls did wonders to a few applications which had been misbehaving for a while, like Bolt and Gmail.

Thanks for the great advise. If someone can think of anything else I might be able to do I would appreciate it.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    I regret to report that I still don't get EDGE. However, the last time the phone connected to EDGE it was left alone for a few days before it did, so it could be a matter of time.
    The three consecutive battery pulls did wonders to a few applications which had been misbehaving for a while, like Bolt and Gmail.

Thanks for the great advise. If someone can think of anything else I might be able to do I would appreciate it.
    I'm glad that some of your applications are working correctly. Have you tried/tested your connection with no applications or settings restored? From a bare install?

Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    I did test it before restoring all the apps, did not work, then restored them to test Opera and Bolt

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    I did test it before restoring all the apps, did not work, then restored them to test Opera and Bolt
    I'm stumped on this one...

Device
    OS
    so... if you go to your bis account, on a computer, it seems to be fine ?

do you have another blackberry at hand, that you could test your bis on ? (transfer mails and everything)

do you have any friends with blackberries and a different carrier, ut with a BB plan too ?

maybe the pin is blacklisted or something

Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Did it again...the lot, now I even downgraded the OS to it's original 320 just in case (it was running on 320 the last time it reached EDGE), however still no luck.

Does anyone know if there is any way to transfer, edit or manually load HRT books? When I plug in my Bold it downloads the HRT books I need on my Storm. Can they be transferred somehow? I don't mean to the Service Book section, but to the HRT section (just in case)

My account works to perfection on the Bold.

Don't know if this is normal, after reinstalling 320 I got an SMS from Verizon "Welcome from Verizon Wireless", I have already deleted vendor.xml
    The APN was set to Verizon, could that be it? (is now back to my local settings)
    Last edited by Redpandatech; 01-10-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast