Unlocked Verizon 9550 on a GSM only carrier -> *611 calls verizon global roaming

Thread: Unlocked Verizon 9550 on a GSM only carrier -> *611 calls verizon global roaming

rcocchiararo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rcocchiararo On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Unlocked Verizon 9550 on a GSM only carrier -> *611 calls verizon global roaming

Hello

I got a verizon 9550.
    Then I bought and unlock for it, which after the normal instructions, AND, these: (i had the activation required message on the top of the screen)

Removing "Activation Required" on the screen or changing the Phone Number:
    1) On the main screen of the phone, press Call (Green Button)
    2) Type on the screen: ##000000
    3) Press the Call Button
    4) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there
    5) After you have done that, press the Menu Button to Save the options and the phone will automatically restart
    6) After restarting, it will be updated

Worked fine.

The only thing i cant seem to fix, is that my carrier (Movistar, Argentina) uses the same *611 that verizon seems to use. When i try to call movistar, i get answered by Verizon Global roaming "something".

I read somewhere that in the same menu that i had to change the mobile directory number in order to get the phone activated, i had to change the MCC and MNC, the ones for Argentina and movistar are 722 and 070, but the MNC accepts only 2 digits codes. (i tried 00, 07, 70, and then i thought that the correct code was 010 [old code that movicom CDMA carrier had before merging with movistar and going GSM only, so i also tried 10, 01).

I also noticed that i can have anything there, with no effect :P

Anyways, i think that that menu is only for the CDMA part of the phone.

If anyone knows how to fix the *611 calling to verizon, pls let me know.

PD: i am on a GSM only country, no CDMA here, and i have set the radio to GSM/UMTS only

EDIT:

well, *611# does call movistar and not verizon.

seems no one knows anything else :P

pd: is it normal to NOT be able to download speedtest, twixtreme AND ebay from my storm 2 (from appworld)? twixtreme is not THAT compatible, and ebay is not for south america, but speedtest ?

all 3 apps more or less work when downloaded using an OTA link, and i could download twixtreme and speedtest with my bold, so, either they are not storm 2 compatible, or ?

(i ask this cause appworld says that either my device or my network are not compatible, and since with the same network, and another phone i could get them, and with this phone, and an OTA link i could, i thought that maybe the appworld thought that the storm 2 was on verizon or somehting )

sunkast Guest
    Those apps probably aren't compatible for the network you are on which is why app world won't let you download them.

rcocchiararo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rcocchiararo On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    mm, but i can download them with the bold :P (from the appworld)

and if my storm 2 made the appworld think that its on verizon, shouldn´t i be able to download the ebay app ?

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rcocchiararo View Post
    mm, but i can download them with the bold :P (from the appworld)

and if my storm 2 made the appworld think that its on verizon, shouldn´t i be able to download the ebay app ?
    Not really sure.