Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 14

  1. #1
    SeaFoam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5

    Storm 2 problems freezing

    So I had 4 Storm 1s, the last one lasted a whole 2 days... Well they traded me up to a Storm 2 (and reset my 2 year upgrade counter). I have noticed 2 things with it so far that have caused me to absolutely hate it. The keyboard is horrible, I don't know why but I think it is much less accurate (the actual press is great though) and it likes to freeze on me - especially when I use wifi, I can get it to freeze every time w/ wifi and youtube together. Anyone had these problems? I use it for ER drug calculations so it's just not cutting it anymore. Anyone know if Verizon will give me the 2 year upgrade price on the droid?




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    So I had 4 Storm 1s, the last one lasted a whole 2 days... Well they traded me up to a Storm 2 (and reset my 2 year upgrade counter). I have noticed 2 things with it so far that have caused me to absolutely hate it. The keyboard is horrible, I don't know why but I think it is much less accurate (the actual press is great though) and it likes to freeze on me - especially when I use wifi, I can get it to freeze every time w/ wifi and youtube together. Anyone had these problems? I use it for ER drug calculations so it's just not cutting it anymore. Anyone know if Verizon will give me the 2 year upgrade price on the droid?
    they should give you same deal on droid as they did for S2. But a couple of questions. what is ER? are you sure the program will work on Droid? and then the last is have you tried resetting the router I had that problem with my home router till I reset it. also your wifi router is it secured or unsecured? and to answer your question I have not had one problem with my storm freezing other than when my router needed reset.

    The keyboard seemed less accurate at first but once I got use to the new screen and the way it works i now find it 10x more accurate.

  3. #3
    SeaFoam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    they should give you same deal on droid as they did for S2. But a couple of questions. what is ER? are you sure the program will work on Droid? and then the last is have you tried resetting the router I had that problem with my home router till I reset it. also your wifi router is it secured or unsecured? and to answer your question I have not had one problem with my storm freezing other than when my router needed reset.

    The keyboard seemed less accurate at first but once I got use to the new screen and the way it works i now find it 10x more accurate.
    Oh ER as in Emergency Room. I asked the woman at Verizon and she told me I couldn't but I can't deal with it randomly freezing - it actually does it on all three networks I have tried - 2 secured and 1 public

  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    Oh ER as in Emergency Room. I asked the woman at Verizon and she told me I couldn't but I can't deal with it randomly freezing - it actually does it on all three networks I have tried - 2 secured and 1 public
    Believe it or not it could be the routers.. I dont know muuch about it but I do know that they are a weird creature. Also, are you sure the program you need for drug calculation are available for the droid? Second thing when you are using the wifi is it necessary?

  5. #5
    SeaFoam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Believe it or not it could be the routers.. I dont know muuch about it but I do know that they are a weird creature. Also, are you sure the program you need for drug calculation are available for the droid? Second thing when you are using the wifi is it necessary?
    Yeah they have some calc programs - the public network is at the hospital and it is all cisco enterprise stuff

  6. #6
    cvdv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    Posts
    3
    I agree, as I noticed an improvement since resetting my router. Another possible option... turn off your wifi option, thereby forcing the use of your broadband service?

  7. #7
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Just a thought here, and it seems to be a recurring thing when ever RIM adds something new. WIFI is a relatively new option for the Storm, and there are bound to be bugs. Being in the same community as RIM, and knowing some of they're programmers, their beta testing on new apps / products really lacks. They use people internally that quite honestly do not use the blackberry like most of us do, so capturing all bugs/issues before a launch is difficult at best.

    I agree with cvdv, turn the wifi off until RIM does come out with a stable version across the board.

  8. #8
    jason.steelman1's Avatar
    jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Yadkinville, NC
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    .713
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    Oh ER as in Emergency Room. I asked the woman at Verizon and she told me I couldn't but I can't deal with it randomly freezing - it actually does it on all three networks I have tried - 2 secured and 1 public
    Just my personal opinion, but if you've had that S2 less than 30 days and you're having problems with it freezing, take it back into the store and ask for a replacement. I've never had an issue getting mine replaced (the old Storm 1's) when I either called OR took it into the store, for really ANY issue I was having. I haven't experienced any freezing up when using Wifi yet myself, but I only use it on my home network so far. Just my .02 there, but I demand a functioning device if I'm going to pay for a monthly service, and I think all customers should do the same. Not saying make up reasons just to get a newer device, but those of us who have legit issues with the phones, should get them replaced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •