Storm 2 problems freezing

Thread: Storm 2 problems freezing

SeaFoam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Storm 2 problems freezing

So I had 4 Storm 1s, the last one lasted a whole 2 days... Well they traded me up to a Storm 2 (and reset my 2 year upgrade counter). I have noticed 2 things with it so far that have caused me to absolutely hate it. The keyboard is horrible, I don't know why but I think it is much less accurate (the actual press is great though) and it likes to freeze on me - especially when I use wifi, I can get it to freeze every time w/ wifi and youtube together. Anyone had these problems? I use it for ER drug calculations so it's just not cutting it anymore. Anyone know if Verizon will give me the 2 year upgrade price on the droid?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    So I had 4 Storm 1s, the last one lasted a whole 2 days... Well they traded me up to a Storm 2 (and reset my 2 year upgrade counter). I have noticed 2 things with it so far that have caused me to absolutely hate it. The keyboard is horrible, I don't know why but I think it is much less accurate (the actual press is great though) and it likes to freeze on me - especially when I use wifi, I can get it to freeze every time w/ wifi and youtube together. Anyone had these problems? I use it for ER drug calculations so it's just not cutting it anymore. Anyone know if Verizon will give me the 2 year upgrade price on the droid?
    they should give you same deal on droid as they did for S2. But a couple of questions. what is ER? are you sure the program will work on Droid? and then the last is have you tried resetting the router I had that problem with my home router till I reset it. also your wifi router is it secured or unsecured? and to answer your question I have not had one problem with my storm freezing other than when my router needed reset.

The keyboard seemed less accurate at first but once I got use to the new screen and the way it works i now find it 10x more accurate.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    they should give you same deal on droid as they did for S2. But a couple of questions. what is ER? are you sure the program will work on Droid? and then the last is have you tried resetting the router I had that problem with my home router till I reset it. also your wifi router is it secured or unsecured? and to answer your question I have not had one problem with my storm freezing other than when my router needed reset.

The keyboard seemed less accurate at first but once I got use to the new screen and the way it works i now find it 10x more accurate.
    Oh ER as in Emergency Room. I asked the woman at Verizon and she told me I couldn't but I can't deal with it randomly freezing - it actually does it on all three networks I have tried - 2 secured and 1 public

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Oh ER as in Emergency Room. I asked the woman at Verizon and she told me I couldn't but I can't deal with it randomly freezing - it actually does it on all three networks I have tried - 2 secured and 1 public
    Believe it or not it could be the routers.. I dont know muuch about it but I do know that they are a weird creature. Also, are you sure the program you need for drug calculation are available for the droid? Second thing when you are using the wifi is it necessary?

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Believe it or not it could be the routers.. I dont know muuch about it but I do know that they are a weird creature. Also, are you sure the program you need for drug calculation are available for the droid? Second thing when you are using the wifi is it necessary?
    Yeah they have some calc programs - the public network is at the hospital and it is all cisco enterprise stuff

cvdv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree, as I noticed an improvement since resetting my router. Another possible option... turn off your wifi option, thereby forcing the use of your broadband service?

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Just a thought here, and it seems to be a recurring thing when ever RIM adds something new. WIFI is a relatively new option for the Storm, and there are bound to be bugs. Being in the same community as RIM, and knowing some of they're programmers, their beta testing on new apps / products really lacks. They use people internally that quite honestly do not use the blackberry like most of us do, so capturing all bugs/issues before a launch is difficult at best.

I agree with cvdv, turn the wifi off until RIM does come out with a stable version across the board.

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just my personal opinion, but if you've had that S2 less than 30 days and you're having problems with it freezing, take it back into the store and ask for a replacement. I've never had an issue getting mine replaced (the old Storm 1's) when I either called OR took it into the store, for really ANY issue I was having. I haven't experienced any freezing up when using Wifi yet myself, but I only use it on my home network so far. Just my .02 there, but I demand a functioning device if I'm going to pay for a monthly service, and I think all customers should do the same. Not saying make up reasons just to get a newer device, but those of us who have legit issues with the phones, should get them replaced.
    Come on you Gunners!! Up the Arsenal!

mmanuel552 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow mmanuel552 On Twitter
    Device
    HTC Incredible / Droid /Pre +
    Liked
    1 times
    I had the same problem with the Storm 2 Freezing keyboard not registering flashing red light on a call etc etc. Now im a Happy Eris Droid owner without having to wait for leaks to make the phone better. My advice Ditch the BB and go Droid or Eris you wont be sorry.

brockmant is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    Liked
    0 times
    My phone was rebooting. I security wiped it and ERASED blackberry app center. So far things are fine. One of your apps may be causing the problem.

Liked
    0 times
    They have been jerking me around, constantly every time I call or go into the store...

sunkast Guest
    They have been jerking me around, constantly every time I call or go into the store...
    Should ask to talk to a supervisor at that point. If they can't help you, ask for their supervisor.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Should ask to talk to a supervisor at that point. If they can't help you, ask for their supervisor.
    The supervisor told me he couldn't do anything about it and if he gave me a different phone it would be an FCC violation - LOL - now it is freezing and rebooting on its own. They want me to wipe the phone on my time.

sunkast Guest
    The supervisor told me he couldn't do anything about it and if he gave me a different phone it would be an FCC violation - LOL - now it is freezing and rebooting on its own. They want me to wipe the phone on my time.
    Be persistent and when they refuse, ask for their supervisor. Don't keep talking to the same person.