Storm 2 camera taking grainy pictures!! UNUSABLE!

Thread: Storm 2 camera taking grainy pictures!! UNUSABLE!

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm 2 camera taking grainy pictures!! UNUSABLE!

So the one area of my Storm I have not tested (in detail) since I got it has been the camera. Well, I have to say that I needed to use it tonight and it is completely unacceptable! Every image I took, regardless of lighting, has been extremely grainy and makes the camera unusable. I tried taking a picture with every different option (superfine, fine, normal, large, medium, small, flash on, flash off, white balance sunny, cloudy, etc.) and could not find any set of options that actually took a decent photo...

Anyone know of a fix to this? I hope it was something I am doing wrong, but if not then it drastically lessens my feelings on the Storm2. Up until now, I havent found a single thing wrong with it and have loved everything about the phone, and I realize a camera on a phone isn't designed to be as good as a digital camera. But come on, RIM..this thing is 3.2 megapixels and my old detachable camera on motorola t720 without a flash took better pictures than this POS!

sunkast Guest
    I have two ideas. First would be to wipe and reload the OS, and if that doesn't work, I would ask for a new device.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Also did you try wiping off the lens area and do you have some kind of protector over the lens stock of after market met need removed. I have already printed pictures off from mine and they look wonderful
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've reloaded the OS and no luck...same photos...lens was clear...it seems to be more noticeable with an all black background.

For example, I tried taking a picture of another mobile phone placed on my desk which is like a black colored wood. The phone itself was black, and everything came out grainy. Judging by the replies, you guys seem to think its my device and not a problem of the Storm 2 or OS. Has anyone been able to take a photo with a primarily black background and still avoid the grainy outcome?

For those that have no problems, what settings do you have your camera on?

Thanks.

Malbo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    306054BD
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Two things:

1. Make sure Image Stabilzation is set to ON...

2. Autofocus should be set to either Normal, or Close-up...Try both see what works...

Should do the trick for ya
    Why buy a Blackberry if your not going to tinker with it???

PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbo View Post
    Two things:

1. Make sure Image Stabilzation is set to ON...

2. Autofocus should be set to either Normal, or Close-up...Try both see what works...

Should do the trick for ya
    thanks for suggestions Melbo...I originally ahd stabilization ON, but believe it or not - when I turned it off, the pictue were better!! Crazy..I think I just have a lemon!:evil:

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWireless31 View Post
    thanks for suggestions Melbo...I originally ahd stabilization ON, but believe it or not - when I turned it off, the pictue were better!! Crazy..I think I just have a lemon!:evil:
    Mr.Wireless I would try turning it back on if you still have issues it could still be a lemon sorry for bad news