My storm 2 is slower then my storm 1? W.T.F.

Thread: My storm 2 is slower then my storm 1? W.T.F.

FISH4RUDY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times

My storm 2 is slower then my storm 1? W.T.F.

I may just be crazy, but it seems that my storm 2 is slower then my storm 1. Even with the wi-fi on, it just seems alot slower. I am thinking about going back to the original........... Please help me, I must be missing something.

hindustani8 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The browser speed is ok for me, but overall performance is leggy. I haven't been able to find a fix. Hopefully, it's the software issue and will be addressed in the next really.

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    what exactly is slower? the browser? or just the overall response time of the phone? If its the operating system itself, have you installed any new apps on the S2? I know I have installed alot more than my S1 (because it can hold more due to the increased flash memory), but the more free application memory you have, the faster the phone tends to be...try deleting unused apps, espcially if they are high in resources or size.

If its the browser, test it out to see if its faster on wifi or faster on the EVDO (VZW network, assuming thats your provider). It could just be the signal area you are in.

PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times
    The phone overall is fine. The software update did wonders for the device, much as it did for the storm 1. It is the browser that I find slow. I have my concerns since at home on my router, that even the wi-fi seems slow. I was hoping that the storm 2 would have had a snappier response when browsing. Any idea's?
    I have the browser set on firefox.

mrmojr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 1
    OS
    .591 COVERED WITH A "BRID"
    Liked
    0 times
    my storm 1 is faster than a storm 2 that was in the verizon store. The sales rep was amazed he said its faster on all levels. So i dont need a storm 2 just for more memory but im good. And thats faster than a storm 2 with nothing on it i have wbug, connect four, patternlock,scoremobile and four themes but have the crisp unstacked running. and of course im running Lyrics latest hybrid .351 over .323 not .328 :1244:
    Last edited by mrmojr1; 11-23-2009 at 07:44 AM.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4RUDY View Post
    The phone overall is fine. The software update did wonders for the device, much as it did for the storm 1. It is the browser that I find slow. I have my concerns since at home on my router, that even the wi-fi seems slow. I was hoping that the storm 2 would have had a snappier response when browsing. Any idea's?
    I have the browser set on firefox.
    I leave my browser set to the BB and use wifi at home and its much faster than my S1 was... I would try not running it with that

PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times
    I will try that and see if it helps.

bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Liked
    0 times
    The RIM browser is just slower than browsers found on other devices. Check out the comparison videos between the Storm 2 and the iPhone/Droid. Their browsers are way, way faster.
    Themes: miro 2.0, Earl Grey
    3rd Party Apps: Weatherberry, QuickLaunch, Google Maps, AmAze GPS, Trapster, Meterberry, Opera Mini 5, Facebook, App World, Speedtest, Level, ScoreMobile BB, Pandora, iheartradio

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    They are nit way faster. Faster yes but I have run the same test on a droid and the storm 2 loading vzw full site and it was a 15-18 second difference all 3 times
    Posted via mobile device

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Simple answer here:

Javascript support in the BB browser flatout sucks. Scripts slow the thing to a crawl. It'a not the speed of the network you are connected to, or the speed of the devices hardware. It's simply poor software support for scripts.

Try one of the alternative browsers, you'll see the device does have the capability of speedy surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    They are nit way faster. Faster yes but I have run the same test on a droid and the storm 2 loading vzw full site and it was a 15-18 second difference all 3 times
    Posted via mobile device
    Yes, but in todays world a browser taking a 15-18 second lead in loading a website does qualify it as "way faster".

I will say that browsing on my Droid is an almost desktop-like experience.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 11-26-2009 at 06:19 PM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I guess web browsing from the phone just isn't highly important to me. For what I use this is perfect
    Posted via mobile device

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Simple answer here:

Javascript support in the BB browser flatout sucks. Scripts slow the thing to a crawl. It'a not the speed of the network you are connected to, or the speed of the devices hardware. It's simply poor software support for scripts.

Try one of the alternative browsers, you'll see the device does have the capability of speedy surfing.

Yes, but in todays world a browser taking a 15-18 second lead in loading a website does qualify it as "way faster".

I will say that browsing on my Droid is an almost desktop-like experience.
    I agree on both points. Javascript on the BB is straight pathetic. It doesn't matter how fast your connection speed if rendering of the page slows to a crawl.

And next to the iPhone the Droid offers the best browsing experience to date. Once it gets update to support flash it will probably sit as the king of browser until mobile safari supports it.

bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah, but Javascript, or client-side processing, is a major part of any web browser. For me, web browsing is a very important key to my purchase of a smart phone. I didn't buy an iPhone because of the carrier (AT&T), but the iPhone blows the Storm (1 or 2) away in this area. RIM needs to get the JS thing figured out quick.

iPhone already has a large market share, and the Droid (as well as Palm and others) will be cutting into the Storm's market share even more. There's much more to these smartphones than just email and micro-business suites.
    Themes: miro 2.0, Earl Grey
    3rd Party Apps: Weatherberry, QuickLaunch, Google Maps, AmAze GPS, Trapster, Meterberry, Opera Mini 5, Facebook, App World, Speedtest, Level, ScoreMobile BB, Pandora, iheartradio