Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    They are nit way faster. Faster yes but I have run the same test on a droid and the storm 2 loading vzw full site and it was a 15-18 second difference all 3 times
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Simple answer here:

Javascript support in the BB browser flatout sucks. Scripts slow the thing to a crawl. It'a not the speed of the network you are connected to, or the speed of the devices hardware. It's simply poor software support for scripts.

Try one of the alternative browsers, you'll see the device does have the capability of speedy surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    They are nit way faster. Faster yes but I have run the same test on a droid and the storm 2 loading vzw full site and it was a 15-18 second difference all 3 times
    Posted via mobile device
    Yes, but in todays world a browser taking a 15-18 second lead in loading a website does qualify it as "way faster".

I will say that browsing on my Droid is an almost desktop-like experience.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 11-26-2009 at 07:19 PM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    I guess web browsing from the phone just isn't highly important to me. For what I use this is perfect
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Simple answer here:

Javascript support in the BB browser flatout sucks. Scripts slow the thing to a crawl. It'a not the speed of the network you are connected to, or the speed of the devices hardware. It's simply poor software support for scripts.

Try one of the alternative browsers, you'll see the device does have the capability of speedy surfing.

Yes, but in todays world a browser taking a 15-18 second lead in loading a website does qualify it as "way faster".

I will say that browsing on my Droid is an almost desktop-like experience.
    I agree on both points. Javascript on the BB is straight pathetic. It doesn't matter how fast your connection speed if rendering of the page slows to a crawl.

And next to the iPhone the Droid offers the best browsing experience to date. Once it gets update to support flash it will probably sit as the king of browser until mobile safari supports it.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Ah, but Javascript, or client-side processing, is a major part of any web browser. For me, web browsing is a very important key to my purchase of a smart phone. I didn't buy an iPhone because of the carrier (AT&T), but the iPhone blows the Storm (1 or 2) away in this area. RIM needs to get the JS thing figured out quick.

iPhone already has a large market share, and the Droid (as well as Palm and others) will be cutting into the Storm's market share even more. There's much more to these smartphones than just email and micro-business suites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12