Exchanged Storm1 for Storm2 without $$ or upgrade

Thread: Exchanged Storm1 for Storm2 without $$ or upgrade

DMPJ is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm2
    Liked
    0 times

Exchanged Storm1 for Storm2 without $$ or upgrade

I have been following the Threads on this forum for the past few weeks and I want to thank you all for the Information that is posted on here.

I just got back from Verizon, I went there because my Storm1 has been freezing up and wanted to trade it in for a replacement. This is my 4th Storm1 and would have gotten a 5th one today. I told the Verizon Manager that I'm sick and tired of dealing with these issues and would like to switch to a Droid to get away from the BB issues but can't because my company uses BES for email and the Droid isnt compatable with BES at the moment. He asked me my phone # to check out my account, I am a Business user and I am currently on a 1 year plan which expires on Jan 10th 2010, I told him that I am aware that i am up for an early upgrade but didnt want to waste it on the Storm2 because I havent heard very good things about the phone. He proceeded to tell me that the Storm2 was a big improvement from the Storm1. He then asked me to wait a minute and he went in out back and came back with a Storm2 box. He told me that he could do an even exchange for a new Storm2 without a contract extension since i have already returned the Storm1 4 times. The only thing i had to pay for was a new plastic holster because the Storm2 doesnt fit my Storm1 holster, but it wasnt a big deal since i get 25% off accessories with my Business plan.

Let me reiterate that I DO like BB and was only bashing them to the Manager to help prove that I am unhappy with my 4 replacement Storm1's.

I know some people may not believe me because everyone wants to see proof, I have the receipt that shows an even exchange Storm1 for Storm2 and can scan it and post it if someone can explain to me how to do so.\

I am posting this to help those of you that have consistently tried to get an early upgrade and such, Hopefully this post will help you get a Storm2 for free. I am just glad they didn't make me sign a new contract. Basically my contact expires in 2 months and can do whatever I want at that point and still received a free Storm2 .

thank you all for the suggestion
    Last edited by DMPJ; 11-19-2009 at 05:47 PM.

sunkast Guest
    Welcome to !

BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up

Congrats! Just forwarded this to a friend who has a S1 and has had it replaced a number of times....

And Welcome again to

Device
    Storm2
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the welcome. I usually just read over the posts for information but thought I would join and post my experience since everyone seems to be having issues upgrading their Storm1's. I'm not sure if they treated me differently since i am a business customer and my company has over 3,000 phones with them but I think that everyone should get the same deal that I did..

By the way I have been using the Storm2 for about 2 hours and I absolutely love it. I think it's a huge improvement over the Storm1. The typing on the Storm2 is 100% more accurate and easier to use.

jdmoore81 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3083149D
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i will be trying this nevt week

AntHill05 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow AntHill05 On Twitter
    PIN
    ME
    Device
    Storm 9530/Strom2 9550
    OS
    5.0.328/5.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    thats awesome. got to do what you got to do.

hindustani8 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    That's cool. I got S2 for free couple of weeks ago

JCtheWizard is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    304E50AA
    Device
    OS
    v4.70.122
    Liked
    0 times
    I believe there are always ‘deals’ out there. A couple of weeks ago I read of someone that got in on the ‘Buy One, Get One’ free Verizon deal. I decided to call in to tech support for my air card and after handling that issue I asked if I could get in on the BOGO deal with an exchange one of my phones ‘New Every Two’ plans.

To make the story short I upgraded from a Moto V3m to a Storm 2 and got the Gateway netbook for my wife. Price $279 – with - $100 for the Storm and $100 for the netbook and a $50 ‘service credit’. To make things even sweeter I learned of a site (www.cashforberrys.com) that paid me $125 for my Storm 1!

I love it when things work out so well :~)

I’ve had the S2 for about a week now and it is terrific – such an improvement over S1.
    Last edited by ealvnv; 11-26-2009 at 04:12 PM.

rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had to have my Storm1 replaced several times. I have had 2 sent me in the last 2 weeks. I call 611 on Wednesday when I received another defective Storm1. The lady asked me to ship one of them back wheich is scheduled to be received today. When it is received I am to call back and they are shipping me a new in the box Storm2 and when I receive it I am to return the last Storm1 that was bad.
    OS: Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .580-.734/.743/.758/6.0.0.31 & Shrink-A-OS
    Rules and Guidelines l Help Center

area52 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got my 4th storm replaced with a storm 2 as well. I called tech support cause my storm 1 was having a number of issues and the guy pretty much forced it on me. Not that I'm complaining, this phone is awesome! Typing is a breeze and I haven't even bothered to check my memory in two days. I'm due for an upgrade in January too and I still keep that. Best deal I've gotten from VZW ever.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Storm2
    Liked
    0 times
    UPDATE** I just spoke with a Verizon Rep and explained how I recieved a Storm2 replacement for a broken Storm1, He pulled up my account and told me the reason i got the Storm 2 is that I was elligable for a "Multi-FRU" exchange. He said that Verizon has a policy where you exchange the phone 3 times for the same issues within the first year and then you are eligible to exchange the problem phone for a different model.

He did say that the "Multi-FRU" exchange did change my upgrade date but did NOT change my contract date, since my contract expires 1/10 this doesn't affect me but may affect others when trying this route.

So if you have replaced your Storm1 three or more times, go to Verizon and request a "Multi-FRU" exchange.
    Last edited by DMPJ; 11-27-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Rednukleus is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Das STROMM 9530)

I still have my Storm 1 from when it was just released. It works well and I have OS .328. The end key fell off and autodim is still as random as the first day, but this phone otherwise runs quite well. Will I see a boost in speed with Storm 2? How about boot speed? I will try to exchange for a Storm 2 but I think it will be tough since I've never replaced my Storm 1.

tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I want a Storm 2!!! sniff sniff.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DMPJ View Post
    UPDATE** I just spoke with a Verizon Rep and explained how I recieved a Storm2 replacement for a broken Storm1, He pulled up my account and told me the reason i got the Storm 2 is that I was elligable for a "Multi-FRU" exchange. He said that Verizon has a policy where you exchange the phone 3 times for the same issues within the first year and then you are eligible to exchange the problem phone for a different model.

He did say that the "Multi-FRU" exchange did change my upgrade date but did NOT change my contract date, since my contract expires 1/10 this doesn't affect me but may affect others when trying this route.

So if you have replaced your Storm1 three or more times, go to Verizon and request a "Multi-FRU" exchange.
    The Multi-FRU is actually 3 within 90 days not one year

Device
    Storm2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    The Multi-FRU is actually 3 within 90 days not one year

I guess they made an exception in my case because as of Jan 10 2010 I would have had my storm1 for 1 year... I had 4 Storm1 replacements within 10 months, So i guess the Multi-FRU is a case by case basis.. Not sure though. The VZW Rep did tell me that I was eligible for the Multi-FRU because the phone was exchanged more than 3 times while it was still under the 1 year warranty.
    Last edited by DMPJ; 11-27-2009 at 04:04 PM.

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I was told the same thing, 3 warranty replacements within 90 days, & the 4th will be a Storm2. Loving my Storm2 even more since it didn't cost me a thing. It pushed my early upgrade date from Feb to July, but did not extend my contract date, so I can live with that!