Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    I have had to have my Storm1 replaced several times. I have had 2 sent me in the last 2 weeks. I call 611 on Wednesday when I received another defective Storm1. The lady asked me to ship one of them back wheich is scheduled to be received today. When it is received I am to call back and they are shipping me a new in the box Storm2 and when I receive it I am to return the last Storm1 that was bad.

Device
    OS
    I just got my 4th storm replaced with a storm 2 as well. I called tech support cause my storm 1 was having a number of issues and the guy pretty much forced it on me. Not that I'm complaining, this phone is awesome! Typing is a breeze and I haven't even bothered to check my memory in two days. I'm due for an upgrade in January too and I still keep that. Best deal I've gotten from VZW ever.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Storm2
    UPDATE** I just spoke with a Verizon Rep and explained how I recieved a Storm2 replacement for a broken Storm1, He pulled up my account and told me the reason i got the Storm 2 is that I was elligable for a "Multi-FRU" exchange. He said that Verizon has a policy where you exchange the phone 3 times for the same issues within the first year and then you are eligible to exchange the problem phone for a different model.

He did say that the "Multi-FRU" exchange did change my upgrade date but did NOT change my contract date, since my contract expires 1/10 this doesn't affect me but may affect others when trying this route.

So if you have replaced your Storm1 three or more times, go to Verizon and request a "Multi-FRU" exchange.
    Last edited by DMPJ; 11-27-2009 at 02:26 PM.

PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Wirelessly posted (Das STROMM 9530)

I still have my Storm 1 from when it was just released. It works well and I have OS .328. The end key fell off and autodim is still as random as the first day, but this phone otherwise runs quite well. Will I see a boost in speed with Storm 2? How about boot speed? I will try to exchange for a Storm 2 but I think it will be tough since I've never replaced my Storm 1.

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I want a Storm 2!!! sniff sniff.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by DMPJ View Post
    UPDATE** I just spoke with a Verizon Rep and explained how I recieved a Storm2 replacement for a broken Storm1, He pulled up my account and told me the reason i got the Storm 2 is that I was elligable for a "Multi-FRU" exchange. He said that Verizon has a policy where you exchange the phone 3 times for the same issues within the first year and then you are eligible to exchange the problem phone for a different model.

He did say that the "Multi-FRU" exchange did change my upgrade date but did NOT change my contract date, since my contract expires 1/10 this doesn't affect me but may affect others when trying this route.

So if you have replaced your Storm1 three or more times, go to Verizon and request a "Multi-FRU" exchange.
    The Multi-FRU is actually 3 within 90 days not one year

Device
    Storm2
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    The Multi-FRU is actually 3 within 90 days not one year

I guess they made an exception in my case because as of Jan 10 2010 I would have had my storm1 for 1 year... I had 4 Storm1 replacements within 10 months, So i guess the Multi-FRU is a case by case basis.. Not sure though. The VZW Rep did tell me that I was eligible for the Multi-FRU because the phone was exchanged more than 3 times while it was still under the 1 year warranty.
    Last edited by DMPJ; 11-27-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Yeah, I was told the same thing, 3 warranty replacements within 90 days, & the 4th will be a Storm2. Loving my Storm2 even more since it didn't cost me a thing. It pushed my early upgrade date from Feb to July, but did not extend my contract date, so I can live with that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12