Thread: VCast/Rhapsody Problem

mg6035 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

VCast/Rhapsody Problem

Whenever I try to download a song on my S2 from VCast/Rhapsody it gives me an error message. I can choose the song, buy it and start downloading but at 95% complete it says Completing transaction but then says "license acquisition failed". It gives me the chance to try again but it never works. I've tried several artists and songs and always get the same result. It worked perfectly on my S1 but after upgrading to S2 it's a no go. Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? I don't have the monthly subscription, I just purchase a single song whenever I choose to. I can't find anything under options to change phone pin numbers, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mg6035 View Post
    Whenever I try to download a song on my S2 from VCast/Rhapsody it gives me an error message. I can choose the song, buy it and start downloading but at 95% complete it says Completing transaction but then says "license acquisition failed". It gives me the chance to try again but it never works. I've tried several artists and songs and always get the same result. It worked perfectly on my S1 but after upgrading to S2 it's a no go. Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? I don't have the monthly subscription, I just purchase a single song whenever I choose to. I can't find anything under options to change phone pin numbers, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    have you tried installing vcast rhapsody on your pc then opening it and plugging in your new phone adn letting it recognize that you have a new phone?

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    have you tried installing vcast rhapsody on your pc then opening it and plugging in your new phone adn letting it recognize that you have a new phone?
    Yeah I did that. It shows two sources, Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2. Not sure what that is all about. Maybe one is the phone itself and the other is the media card. I don't know. But the problem I'm having is trying to download songs OTA on the phone itself. I am able to transfer songs from the PC Rhapsody program to the media card. And another weird thing is that even though it tells me license acquisition failed on the phone itself, the tracks show up on the PC program as available for download. It's weird.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Yeah I did that. It shows two sources, Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2. Not sure what that is all about. Maybe one is the phone itself and the other is the media card. I don't know. But the problem I'm having is trying to download songs OTA on the phone itself. I am able to transfer songs from the PC Rhapsody program to the media card. And another weird thing is that even though it tells me license acquisition failed on the phone itself, the tracks show up on the PC program as available for download. It's weird.
    hmmm... thats odd did you restore your settings for rhapsody from the storm 1 to the storm2?

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    hmmm... thats odd did you restore your settings for rhapsody from the storm 1 to the storm2?
    I used the switch device on DM to move everything over. I may try deleting the app off the phone and reinstalling from scratch. May try removing it from the PC as well and just starting all over. I don't use it that often but I'm the type that if something is there I want it to work, no matter how often I use it.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I used the switch device on DM to move everything over. I may try deleting the app off the phone and reinstalling from scratch. May try removing it from the PC as well and just starting all over. I don't use it that often but I'm the type that if something is there I want it to work, no matter how often I use it.
    give that a go and let us konw what happens... I am trying to think if this could be an error within the vzw network.. so let me know what you get

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    give that a go and let us konw what happens... I am trying to think if this could be an error within the vzw network.. so let me know what you get
    I will. I've emailed Verizon about it as well but have gotten no response yet. If I do I'll let you know. Thanks

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Uninstalled from the phone and reinstalled. Also uninstalled from the PC and reinstalled and still doesn't work. Every single time I get the "license acquisition failed" on the phone after it says completing transaction. Frustrating as hell. Still haven't heard anything from Verizon. It HAS to have something to do with the switch from the S1 to the S2 but it's beyond me.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Uninstalled from the phone and reinstalled. Also uninstalled from the PC and reinstalled and still doesn't work. Every single time I get the "license acquisition failed" on the phone after it says completing transaction. Frustrating as hell. Still haven't heard anything from Verizon. It HAS to have something to do with the switch from the S1 to the S2 but it's beyond me.
    it could be a glitch in the OS with S2.. try calling vzw customer service and going to tech support option 3 i think

Element7700 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    BlackBerry OS 5.0
    Liked
    0 times

Rhapsody Issues

I'm not sure it's just a Storm 2 problem. My Rhapsody-to-go was working just dandy on my Storm 1 when I had OS 4.7 or whatever the last revision number was. I started having the exact same problems when I upgraded to OS 5.0. It's like when I transfer new music to my media card, its licenses are good for only about 16 hours, then it says I can't play DRM protected music (stupid DRM!) I've deauthorized and reauthorized both the device memory and media card several times, un-and-reinstalled Rhapsody on the BB and the PC. Nothing works. I don't want to rollback to 4.7 though, because 5.0 is beautiful in every other way but this. Any info on known compatibility issues would be appreciated!