Pandora, Slacker, Media Player Volume Bug
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pandora, Slacker, Media Player Volume Bug

  1. #1
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85

    Exclamation Pandora, Slacker, Media Player Volume Bug

    Whenever listen to music from the media player/music player, Pandora or Slacker and it goes to the next song, the audio BLASTS at max level.

    Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

    Has anyone found a fix? Is there any way to change this, it definitely appears to be a bug, but I thought there may have been a setting for default volume. A battery pull didnt help, any ideas?
    Last edited by MrWireless31; 11-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWireless31 View Post
    Whenever listen to music from the media player/music player, Pandora or Slacker and it goes to the next song, the audio BLASTS at max level.

    Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

    Has anyone found a fix? Is there any way to change this, it definitely appears to be a bug, but I thought there may have been a setting for default volume. A battery pull didnt help, any ideas?
    I have had no trouble like that. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling them?

  3. #3
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    I don't have that problem with pandora
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  4. #4
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I have had no trouble like that. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling them?
    you think i need to do that for all 3 programs? i first found it happening on media player, and it hasnt always happened - only in the past 2 days.

    it has to be something to do with the volume settings thats affecting all other audio programs that switch to other songs... though I have no idea what the bug is and the fix...

  5. #5
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    I don't have that problem with pandora
    do u have this problem with the regular media player?

  6. #6
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWireless31 View Post
    do u have this problem with the regular media player?
    hrmm haven't tried to play anything with the media player yet
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWireless31 View Post
    you think i need to do that for all 3 programs? i first found it happening on media player, and it hasnt always happened - only in the past 2 days.

    it has to be something to do with the volume settings thats affecting all other audio programs that switch to other songs... though I have no idea what the bug is and the fix...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWireless31 View Post
    do u have this problem with the regular media player?
    I have had 0 trouble did you have another BB before the S2?

  8. #8
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I have had 0 trouble did you have another BB before the S2?
    oh yeah - ive had the Storm 9530 directly before that and 5 others over the course of 4 yrs (7250, 7130, 8703, 8330). I am not a noobie or anything like that, in fact, I consider myself an expert but this has me stuck...

  9. #9
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWireless31 View Post
    oh yeah - ive had the Storm 9530 directly before that and 5 others over the course of 4 yrs (7250, 7130, 8703, 8330). I am not a noobie or anything like that, in fact, I consider myself an expert but this has me stuck...
    ok.. think i may no the problem.. do a security wipe from the phone and do an advanced restore to the new S2 contacts only.. then see if you get the same error when i got my S2 from storm only thing i restored from back up was contacts

  10. #10
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85
    Ok I'm not in the position to be able to try this now, but I will soon enough and let you know how it goes..thanks for the advice

  11. #11
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85
    still no luck with this and the issue persists..i havent loaded or changed the OS in anyway since I got the phone and this is driving me mad...the media is unusable at this point!!

  12. #12
    sunkast Guest
    You could try taking it a step further again and reloading the OS.

  13. #13
    tchiky is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2

    internet radio

    Hi!
    Pandora and Slacker radio are not available in my country - Portugal.
    I have found tv243.com a great alternative for it.
    love music

  14. #14
    kungfuturkey is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PIN
    310bbd70
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4
    Do you have Vlingo installed? Aparrently there is an issue with volume due to vlingo.

  15. #15
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfuturkey View Post
    Do you have Vlingo installed? Aparrently there is an issue with volume due to vlingo.
    yeah its definitely a vlingo bug...sorry i forgot to update the thread. vlingo has known about it for several months, still no update. i asked them too and they dont even know when to expect an update. great

  16. #16
    egeorgia's Avatar
    egeorgia is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Depends what day :-)
    Posts
    100
    Good to know. Mine gets quieter when it goes to the next song in slacker and media player. It seems that certain OS' do this. I will try to delete Vlingo to see if that works.
    Posted via mobile device

  17. #17
    MrWireless31's Avatar
    MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    85
    Good news finally, the newest version of Vlingo (4.5 with SafeReader) appears to have fixed this bug. I have tested this out and so far the bug appears to be fixed.
    @MWFD31

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •