david5452 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30FE210D
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

anyone use bb media sync?

ok i loaded all my music onto my card and was playing it fine then i wanted to do my playlist. i read that you can use bb media sync to copy your music and play lists from win media player. so i deleted all my music off my card then let bb media sync take care of it. once it was done everything was on my card i seen my play list but under music total is said 0 songs 0 artists 0 albums. i navigated to the card with filescout and seen there was an extra folder. saying media sync. then everything else was in folders as well.
    does anyone know how to make bb media player play songs that it bb media sync put onto my phone?

sunkast Guest
    I've never use BB media sync before but I'll see if I can find anyone who has.

jarniella is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9550 & Tour 9630
    OS
    Storm .428 Tour 5.0.0.419
    Liked
    0 times
    it shoudl not matter where the songs are, the blackberry scans the media card. I use it to sync with Itunes. then i also use the media card to transfer files from my work pc to home pc. when i do this and unplug my S2 it scans and i have duplicate songs until i delete the ones i manually dragged to the media card. I hope this helps.

Are you still plugged into the pc when you are looking for the music? if yes, then unplug the BB. You will see the BB scan all the music.

nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jarniella View Post
    it shoudl not matter where the songs are, the blackberry scans the media card. I use it to sync with Itunes. then i also use the media card to transfer files from my work pc to home pc. when i do this and unplug my S2 it scans and i have duplicate songs until i delete the ones i manually dragged to the media card. I hope this helps.

Are you still plugged into the pc when you are looking for the music? if yes, then unplug the BB. You will see the BB scan all the music.
    jarniella hit the nail on yhe head. your BB will find the music no matter where it is. when your phone is connected to the PC to do the sync it is in mass storage mode and it will not allow you to see files on the card. if your berry is not finding it and you are not connected to the puter at all then try a bat pull. tiny little PC we carry around essentialy and anyone who owns a computer knows how many problems can be fixed with a reboot. hope you get this going! let us know what happens!
    Last edited by nrw2001; 11-12-2009 at 04:26 PM.