Thread: Odd Browser Issue

stefoosh is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Odd Browser Issue

ok. So I have a very odd problem. I've searched the internet and haven't found anything similar so i'm hoping someone on here can help me. I have an unlocked blackberry storm 2 running on Israel's Cellcom service. I set up BIS with Cellcom however as soon as my service was connected the Blackberry browser disappeared. I resent service books and did the Host Routing Table thing plus numerous battery pulls and everytime i do the same thing happens: The browser reappears for literally a second and then its gone again. The Browser shows under installed applications but Browser Configuration under Advanced Options is blank and when i hold down the menu button to show my running apps and try to click on the browser i get the following message "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider." Cellcom is closed until Sunday and while normally i would just wait a few days something else odd happened which makes me think there might be another issue - Upon activation with Cellcom a new icon popped up called "blackberry Help" and when i click on it it takes me to the blackberry help website and from there I have full access to my BB browser and normal use of the web. Clearly I have the web capability but for some reason my phone is not recognizing the BB browser.

Furthermore, since my phone is WiFi capable shouldn't I at least have a WiFi browser available?

I was able to download both opera mini and Bolt to my phone and both work but I don't like the layout of either and I just want my native BB browser back. Does anybody have any idea what is going on here?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stefoosh View Post
    ok. So I have a very odd problem. I've searched the internet and haven't found anything similar so i'm hoping someone on here can help me. I have an unlocked blackberry storm 2 running on Israel's Cellcom service. I set up BIS with Cellcom however as soon as my service was connected the Blackberry browser disappeared. I resent service books and did the Host Routing Table thing plus numerous battery pulls and everytime i do the same thing happens: The browser reappears for literally a second and then its gone again. The Browser shows under installed applications but Browser Configuration under Advanced Options is blank and when i hold down the menu button to show my running apps and try to click on the browser i get the following message "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider." Cellcom is closed until Sunday and while normally i would just wait a few days something else odd happened which makes me think there might be another issue - Upon activation with Cellcom a new icon popped up called "blackberry Help" and when i click on it it takes me to the blackberry help website and from there I have full access to my BB browser and normal use of the web. Clearly I have the web capability but for some reason my phone is not recognizing the BB browser.

Furthermore, since my phone is WiFi capable shouldn't I at least have a WiFi browser available?

I was able to download both opera mini and Bolt to my phone and both work but I don't like the layout of either and I just want my native BB browser back. Does anybody have any idea what is going on here?
    have you tried this yet

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...tml#post127460

and with BBSAk
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...ing-bbsak.html