PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times

WiFi on S2 Question

I think I know the answer to this, but I thought I would ask anyway. I dont have my preshared key for my router. So unless I reset it to factory I'm S.O.L. right. I guess I'm asking if anyone knows a way to get that key without the router password? 2 computers connected to the router currently.

See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm2 on .320)

Nope. you'll have to set it back to the factory default.

Sorry.
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Storm2 on .320)

Nope. you'll have to set it back to the factory default.

Sorry.
    That is what I thought, I will do that this weekend. Booo:aargh4:
    HERE

PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

Well thankfully my wife put up the preshared key so I'm good. What is the world coming to, I ask BBOS before the wife.....
    HERE

hoff_10 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow hoff_10 On Twitter
    PIN
    30FDEFCB
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    you don't need to set it to factory settings, simply type http://192.168.1.1/ into the address bar of your browser on your computer (The username is either blank or "admin" and the default password is "admin".) and then you can access your pass keys.

note: this works for linksys routers but if you have another brand you should check their websites for how to access your router's control features.

WaiTec is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 but may need to return to BBC's v8.5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hoff_10 View Post
    you don't need to set it to factory settings, simply type http://192.168.1.1/ into the address bar of your browser on your computer (The username is either blank or "admin" and the default password is "admin".) and then you can access your pass keys.

note: this works for linksys routers but if you have another brand you should check their websites for how to access your router's control features.
    True, if you have a Netgear router, try 168.192.0.1. I think the default user name and password are the same as described above.

digdog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9650/ Droid X/ Droid Incredible
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright. I've been putting this of for days for fear of sounding like an idiot. How can I tell if my wi-fi connection is working appropriately. I;I've noticed other people talking about their wi-fi symbol changing colors when in use. My symbol doesn't change at all. I've disconnected from the 3G network & accessed the internet, so I assumed that my wi-fi connection was working. I tried connecting to Youtube via wi-fi, but it won't connect. I can only connect to Youtube via my 3G connection. I also tried sending an e-mail from he wi-fi connection, but it only saves the message to draft. I'm on a B2B Unlimited Plan & ($149.00 a month), so I don't need to upgrade. I'm stumped.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks gang!!

digdog
    bbOSalert, UberTwitter, QuickLaunch, ScoreMobile, BerryWeather, Trapster, DriveSae.ly, Datavault, Viigo, Beyond 160, Actionpad, BB App Workd, BBM, etc.

PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

Well I changed the default password and forgot it. I just don't access it to often. But I got the key anyway so I'm good. Thanks all.
    HERE

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Well I changed the default password and forgot it. I just don't access it to often. But I got the key anyway so I'm good. Thanks all.
    Rellims, I'm not at a wireless PC right now but the key can also be retrieved from a wirelessly connected PC. I'll post something up asap...

Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    My storm is telling me to go into my router and put in a pin no. for my phone. Do you have to do this? what if I was somewhere else, how would you get a connecion?
    Posted via BlackBerry device

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    My storm is telling me to go into my router and put in a pin no. for my phone. Do you have to do this? what if I was somewhere else, how would you get a connecion?
    That doesn't make any sense. I think you might be misunderstanding what the message says.

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by digdog View Post
    Alright. I've been putting this of for days for fear of sounding like an idiot. How can I tell if my wi-fi connection is working appropriately. I;I've noticed other people talking about their wi-fi symbol changing colors when in use. My symbol doesn't change at all. I've disconnected from the 3G network & accessed the internet, so I assumed that my wi-fi connection was working. I tried connecting to Youtube via wi-fi, but it won't connect. I can only connect to Youtube via my 3G connection. I also tried sending an e-mail from he wi-fi connection, but it only saves the message to draft. I'm on a B2B Unlimited Plan & ($149.00 a month), so I don't need to upgrade. I'm stumped.

Thanks gang!!

digdog
    So you have gone into my connections and turned off the mobile network right
    Did you go into setup WiFi and scan for networks and click on the one you want to connect to.
    It should connect if it shows an available network

nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    fyi... alot of sbc wireless is 2wire routers and their router address is usually 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.1.254.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. I think you might be misunderstanding what the message says.
    Sun actually this was the problem i was having with my belkin with a password on it.. and am still having unless i run unsecured. And the message does say to put this Pin into your wireless router.. but it doesnt say where. I am goign to try and mess around to nite and make a preshared key

Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    fyi... alot of sbc wireless is 2wire routers and their router address is usually 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.1.254.
    can you break down the begining part of that in english? I have been having trouble with my home network unless I run unsecured and I dont like to do that.

PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    First you need the preshared key for your router. If you dont have it you have to log into your router to get it. Type in the routers IP address (you can find your specific one online)
    and I believe under security settings it will give you the key. Type this into your berry and you should be good to go. At least this is how it worked for me.
    HERE

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    First you need the preshared key for your router. If you dont have it you have to log into your router to get it. Type in the routers IP address (you can find your specific one online)
    and I believe under security settings it will give you the key. Type this into your berry and you should be good to go. At least this is how it worked for me.
    Where do you find online just google my model number or what?? and thanks this has been pissing me off lol

diverbelow is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by digdog View Post

Thanks gang!!

digdog
    You have to change what browser to use in options -> advance options -> browser -> browser config to HotSpot browser to browser over WiFi.

When you add bookmarks, you can select which browser config to use.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes. Like everyone it's a secure network. I enterd my PIN # & my phone recognized my secure newtork. I've surfed the internet will no problem, but I can't send e-mails or connect to the YouTube app. Things like that.
    bbOSalert, UberTwitter, QuickLaunch, ScoreMobile, BerryWeather, Trapster, DriveSae.ly, Datavault, Viigo, Beyond 160, Actionpad, BB App Workd, BBM, etc.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Driver! I changed the settings like you suggesred. Should the Wi-Fi icon be grayish or white?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It's working!!! Thanks Driver & Gateway!!!

digdog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast