Storm 2 Review

Thread: Storm 2 Review

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times

Storm 2 Review

Alright now People!!!

The Storm 2 Has been out for long enough, who wants to step up and do a review?

That is my challenge to you

If you have a second Storm then let's get to it. I don't have one and would love to read some in depth findings. Things you like, don't like....etc.

Ready, set, GO........................

Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Where is The.Perfect.Storm when we need him?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Maybe I will give this a go later today unless someone beats me.. I have had mine for about 5 days now and got to play with about everything lol.

Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Liked
    0 times
    I got mine a day after it was available and I've got to tell you, I'm very happy. Everything just works, at least hardware wise, there are some software related issues, but you can't blame the Storm2 for that.

The look and feel is not that much different, different, but better, in my opinion. Everyone is talking about how much different the typing is on the Storm2, but I've got to tell you, I don't feel that much difference, if any, it's more reliable and faster. I've not had any problems with buttons, screen, sound or battery life. Plain and simple, it just works, which is kind of what I want.

If you're looking for a WOW factor, there's not one, unless you consider a working phone WOW. With the release of 328 for the Storm, I was pretty happy, except for the screen press reliability. Sometimes I'd have to press twice before getting a response. With S2, once and you're done.

The S2 is ever so slightly smaller, sort of like a 225lb friend who has lost 5lbs. Nothing major, just enough to give you the feeling that it's a little more fit.

I love the back cover now, much better design and nothing to catch on a pocket and accidently pull off your back cover like the Storm back cover.

Let's talk about memory, now you're talking WOW! No more am I spending time looking at how much memory I have left to make sure my S2 has enough memory to continue running. I've got this puppy loaded up and I still have 117.5 meg available. At the end of the day, it's not moved very much either, maybe .5 meg, that's right POINT FIVE. Very stable memory and lots of it.

Going from a S1 to a S2 is like going from a Chevy Truck to a GMC Truck, very much alike, but you know which one is the better truck because of the refinement of everything. (don't hate me Chevy folks, I've had plenty of Chevy trucks in my days, so I know what I'm talking about).

If you like your Storm, then you will love a Storm2.

That's it, my feelings and review on the Storm2. I hope it helps someone decide.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    I got mine a day after it was available and I've got to tell you, I'm very happy. Everything just works, at least hardware wise, there are some software related issues, but you can't blame the Storm2 for that.

The look and feel is not that much different, different, but better, in my opinion. Everyone is talking about how much different the typing is on the Storm2, but I've got to tell you, I don't feel that much difference, if any, it's more reliable and faster. I've not had any problems with buttons, screen, sound or battery life. Plain and simple, it just works, which is kind of what I want.

If you're looking for a WOW factor, there's not one, unless you consider a working phone WOW. With the release of 328 for the Storm, I was pretty happy, except for the screen press reliability. Sometimes I'd have to press twice before getting a response. With S2, once and you're done.

The S2 is ever so slightly smaller, sort of like a 225lb friend who has lost 5lbs. Nothing major, just enough to give you the feeling that it's a little more fit.

I love the back cover now, much better design and nothing to catch on a pocket and accidently pull off your back cover like the Storm back cover.

Let's talk about memory, now you're talking WOW! No more am I spending time looking at how much memory I have left to make sure my S2 has enough memory to continue running. I've got this puppy loaded up and I still have 117.5 meg available. At the end of the day, it's not moved very much either, maybe .5 meg, that's right POINT FIVE. Very stable memory and lots of it.

Going from a S1 to a S2 is like going from a Chevy Truck to a GMC Truck, very much alike, but you know which one is the better truck because of the refinement of everything. (don't hate me Chevy folks, I've had plenty of Chevy trucks in my days, so I know what I'm talking about).

If you like your Storm, then you will love a Storm2.

That's it, my feelings and review on the Storm2. I hope it helps someone decide.
    Killer!! nice writeup Goldwinger Now did the device come with an SD card like the first one? and wow with the memory that is a lot compared to the original.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    the s2 comes with a 16gb sd card.

dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    the s2 comes with a 16gb sd card.
    Yeah, i was glad to see that... just wish there were 32GB cards available. I've got too many TV shows I need to watch!
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

rpitts9999 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had mine since the 29Th and I love it. Waiting for all the developers to catch up with the OS. I want themes that will work properly. And Quickpull . A few others i had on my Storm 1 that aren't working on Storm 2. But Typeing is so much faster and be able to lock the screen is a plus . Waiting on Seidio to come out with a case also.
    Overall it is great phone.
    Live , Laugh , & Love Everyday.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rpitts9999 View Post
    I have had mine since the 29Th and I love it. Waiting for all the developers to catch up with the OS. I want themes that will work properly. And Quickpull . A few others i had on my Storm 1 that aren't working on Storm 2. But Typeing is so much faster and be able to lock the screen is a plus . Waiting on Seidio to come out with a case also.
    Overall it is great phone.
    I agree and welcome to

Pookie is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    20DAF2E2
    Device
    OS
    Vodafone
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I should get Storm 2, thank you guys...

R1cE is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow R1cE On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.699 Willboy's
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I think I should get Storm 2, thank you guys...
    Hey welcome again to the forums man! I'm getting a storm 2 too ^_^ I can't wait for it to come in the mail!
    Follow me on twitter: @riseofr1ce