jmf5017 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm2 Graphics

Hey guys,

Did we ever figure out if the Storm2 has any more potential than the Storm 1 in terms of graphics? I understand there's the whole OpenGL thing, and honestly, I have no idea what any of that means. I was just checking out the iPhone App Store for the first time in months and WOW their apps have improved like crazy.. and they are all mostly FREE?! Now, don't get me wrong, I would NEVER abandon my BB, and I'm very anti-anti-iPhone. I also know RIM is in the process of developing widgets and such. Will they be in the same category as Android widgets?

Anyone wanna shed some light on Storm2 future capabilities in not technical, IT lingo please? Thanks.

trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    While openGL will add much improvement to graphics, I think the biggest thing holding blackberry back is the fact that there is no flash support. Flash is what all the online facebook/myspace games are created with. Also iphones and a lot of other devices use a lot of flash as well. But macromedia and BB have made a deal and they are working on adding flash support to the BB's. Not sure if this will be for lower end devices as well but im sure the storm1 and 2 and tour will be top priority. This will truly make the iphone in no way better than the storm.

jmf5017 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    there is no flash currently supported on the iphone either right? or is there with their apps? I know only some nokia and android have flash support. So is it just the OpenGL that allows the iphone apps to be the way they are or is there more to it? And as far as that goes, is OpenGL something the Storm2 is capable of in the future if RIM allows it?

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf5017 View Post
    there is no flash currently supported on the iphone either right? or is there with their apps? I know only some nokia and android have flash support. So is it just the OpenGL that allows the iphone apps to be the way they are or is there more to it? And as far as that goes, is OpenGL something the Storm2 is capable of in the future if RIM allows it?
    No, the iPhone doesn't have flash support either. A lot of people seem to confuse the fact that some iPhone apps are built using flash tools to mean that it has flash support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"