no more icons after security wipe bb playbook need help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: no more icons after security wipe bb playbook need help

  1. #1
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times

    Unhappy no more icons after security wipe bb playbook need help

    hi i think i have a serious problem i made a security wipe on my bb playbook but after reboot only to apps remain browser and setup tried to reload a fresh os update but my pc gives an error brfore the update finish plz help and thanks




  2. #2
    Harmeling68's Avatar
    Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    10.2.1.1925
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    540
    Liked
    145 times
    Look in settings (software Updayes) for the os update and update using wifi.

  3. #3
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    thanks but I cant do it with wifi because I have the latest OS so when I go to setting and update no no updatr available thanks is there any other way thanks

  4. #4
    Harmeling68's Avatar
    Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    10.2.1.1925
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    540
    Liked
    145 times
    Hook your PB up to your computer. Open the DM and connect the two together. Then restart your PB while still connected. You should see an option to restore your os. Wait until your PlayBook has fully turned on and hit "restore".

  5. #5
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    thank you very much for your help but I did that at least 15 times all goes good until the half of the update and then I have a error message by BB desktop manager --it never finishs the update here I have the error image please help if you canno more icons after security wipe bb playbook need help-2r4j28n.jpg

  6. #6
    Harmeling68's Avatar
    Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    10.2.1.1925
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    540
    Liked
    145 times
    Oh boy! Well, have you tried doing a security wipe first? Do you have the latest version of the DM?
    redq2006 likes this.

  7. #7
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    I did all that the latest version of DM tried 16 times always the same problem and the security wipe is the reason of my misery now I only have to icons left browser and setup that all
    Darius Gardner likes this.

  8. #8
    Harmeling68's Avatar
    Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    10.2.1.1925
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    540
    Liked
    145 times
    I'm almost out of suggestions. I'll do some reaching out, but in the meantime try this : Delete the DM and everything associated with it. Reboot your computer. Download the DM and start fresh.

  9. #9
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmeling68 View Post
    Oh boy! Well, have you tried doing a security wipe first? Do you have the latest version of the DM?
    thank you and sorry i didnt get your point you mean
    i have to do the security wipe folowed by an update via BBDM this one ididnt do it i will give it a try later today an i will let you know i wish it is going to work i have not tried that so far


    so security wipe......turn off PB ...connect to pc and do the update
    lets keep my fingers crossed

    thanks

  10. #10
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redq2006 View Post
    thank you and sorry i didnt get your point you mean
    i have to do the security wipe folowed by an update via BBDM this one ididnt do it i will give it a try later today an i will let you know i wish it is going to work i have not tried that so far


    so security wipe......turn off PB ...connect to pc and do the update
    lets keep my fingers crossed

    thanks
    Didn't work thanks anyway

  11. #11
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    hi everyone is there a solution to this
    problem working on it for the last 2 weeks the same thing only two icons on my playbook , always error while updating the software with DM any suggestions will be appreciated

  12. #12
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    unfortunately I asked help from a lot of BB forums about my issue so today I purchased a new nexus 7 I love it and I will put my pb away to wait for a wifi update because that's what is going to solve my problem bye pb and by the way Google nexus 7 is worth buying
    Joe Jerde likes this.

  13. #13
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times

    Always stuck with a playbook without icons

    Quote Originally Posted by redq2006 View Post
    unfortunately I asked help from a lot of BB forums about my issue so today I purchased a new nexus 7 I love it and I will put my pb away to wait for a wifi update because that's what is going to solve my problem bye pb and by the way Google nexus 7 is worth buying
    Hi everybody it is over a month and no icons on my playbook -------I did a security wipe and then only to icons remaining SETUP and BROWSER------tried to update in orther to install a fresh OS errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrors------------plze help if you have any clues************************thanks

  14. #14
    danberry is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Angry ...same issue

    Quote Originally Posted by redq2006 View Post
    Hi everybody it is over a month and no icons on my playbook -------I did a security wipe and then only to icons remaining SETUP and BROWSER------tried to update in orther to install a fresh OS errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrors------------plze help if you have any clues************************thanks


    I did a wipe on my LTE Playbook a few days ago and had the same issue. I only have two applications; setup and browser. I have tried using CFP and Dingleberry. With regards to CFP I would get a COM error. So the device would restart but then the com error would post. So there was no connection possible there. With regards to Dingleberry, well because of the latest update, it is not possible to downgrade.

    This has been a frustrating 4 days. I will try to upgrade to OS 10 Dev and then downgrade back to 2.1 to see if I can get the stock firmware back with the applications. If anyone else has suggestions, please do share.

    I have to say that Blackberry support is terrible. Ever since they ported operations to costa rica.. it's been nothing but a waste of time to even bother calling. Don't take my complaining for granted here.. I have been holding strong to the brand...but if this is what it takes to use a Blackberry device, I'm getting ready to tap out.. I will do my best to keep you posted if I find a way around this.. then we can start using our damn playbooks again...

  15. #15
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times

    finally somebody like me

    Quote Originally Posted by danberry View Post
    I did a wipe on my LTE Playbook a few days ago and had the same issue. I only have two applications; setup and browser. I have tried using CFP and Dingleberry. With regards to CFP I would get a COM error. So the device would restart but then the com error would post. So there was no connection possible there. With regards to Dingleberry, well because of the latest update, it is not possible to downgrade.

    This has been a frustrating 4 days. I will try to upgrade to OS 10 Dev and then downgrade back to 2.1 to see if I can get the stock firmware back with the applications. If anyone else has suggestions, please do share.

    I have to say that Blackberry support is terrible. Ever since they ported operations to costa rica.. it's been nothing but a waste of time to even bother calling. Don't take my complaining for granted here.. I have been holding strong to the brand...but if this is what it takes to use a Blackberry device, I'm getting ready to tap out.. I will do my best to keep you posted if I find a way around this.. then we can start using our damn playbooks again...
    hi my friend I wish you will let me know about your progress i am still stuck with 2 icons please if you upgrade to BB10 dev let me know thanks

  16. #16
    barronian is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Device
    Playbook
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem with my Playbook after security wiping it. After connecting it to wifi though and updating it it was the same. After powering it down though and restarting it, the icons came back.

  17. #17
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barronian View Post
    I had the same problem with my Playbook after security wiping it. After connecting it to wifi though and updating it it was the same. After powering it down though and restarting it, the icons came back.
    I can't update it with wifi because it keeps telling me that I have the latest version so always stuck

  18. #18
    danberry is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes there is a way to resolve this and I will post a manual. I am trying to make it as simple as possible. But here is the gist of it..

    1.) You will need to load a new O.S. manually using software that is hard as hell to find. I can provide it for you.

    2.) You don't need to update to O.S. 10.

    3.) Once you update the core o.s., you will need to load the individual applications one by one. I managed to get the playbook back to its original working state. This was not easy and I have to say... I am ready to abandon RIM for their:
    i. Terrible support
    ii. Costa Rica call centre uselessness..-this is not a sly on the call center.. but on the business decisions made by the execs.. terrible..absolutely terrible.. not even basic troubleshooting S.O.P in place.

  19. #19
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danberry View Post
    Yes there is a way to resolve this and I will post a manual. I am trying to make it as simple as possible. But here is the gist of it..

    1.) You will need to load a new O.S. manually using software that is hard as hell to find. I can provide it for you.

    2.) You don't need to update to O.S. 10.

    3.) Once you update the core o.s., you will need to load the individual applications one by one. I managed to get the playbook back to its original working state. This was not easy and I have to say... I am ready to abandon RIM for their:
    i. Terrible support
    ii. Costa Rica call centre uselessness..-this is not a sly on the call center.. but on the business decisions made by the execs.. terrible..absolutely terrible.. not even basic troubleshooting S.O.P in place.
    thank you very much for your help I need yhe link for the whole process please I made a mistake I updated to os 10 and the problem remained and then I did a wipe again and no more menu black screen but when I plug the PB to pc its recognized please help me give me the link to all tools I need and how I should process thank you again my friend

  20. #20
    Playbook User is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Device
    Playbrick
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Same issue here

    I just received a new 32GB LTE model yesterday. When I turned it on I had to go through the setup screen. After that I only had the browser application. It has the latest 2.10.1088 OS, so I can't upgrade it. If I go into setup and make changes, I will get the setup app on the screen. I I go into About, it shows that I have a total of 4 apps. If I try to register the Playbrick to get the 90-day complimentary service it says the serial number is not supported.

    Help?! Any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by danberry View Post
    I did a wipe on my LTE Playbook a few days ago and had the same issue. I only have two applications; setup and browser. I have tried using CFP and Dingleberry. With regards to CFP I would get a COM error. So the device would restart but then the com error would post. So there was no connection possible there. With regards to Dingleberry, well because of the latest update, it is not possible to downgrade.

    This has been a frustrating 4 days. I will try to upgrade to OS 10 Dev and then downgrade back to 2.1 to see if I can get the stock firmware back with the applications. If anyone else has suggestions, please do share.

    I have to say that Blackberry support is terrible. Ever since they ported operations to costa rica.. it's been nothing but a waste of time to even bother calling. Don't take my complaining for granted here.. I have been holding strong to the brand...but if this is what it takes to use a Blackberry device, I'm getting ready to tap out.. I will do my best to keep you posted if I find a way around this.. then we can start using our damn playbooks again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. wipe device?
    By tw820 in forum General BlackBerry Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:55 AM
  2. How to import security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    By Joe Jerde in forum PlayBook Tips, FAQ, & How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 02:34 AM
  3. To wipe...or not to wipe...
    By Orio in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •