Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 32

  1. #9
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmeling68 View Post
    Oh boy! Well, have you tried doing a security wipe first? Do you have the latest version of the DM?
    thank you and sorry i didnt get your point you mean
    i have to do the security wipe folowed by an update via BBDM this one ididnt do it i will give it a try later today an i will let you know i wish it is going to work i have not tried that so far


    so security wipe......turn off PB ...connect to pc and do the update
    lets keep my fingers crossed

    thanks



  2. #10
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by redq2006 View Post
    thank you and sorry i didnt get your point you mean
    i have to do the security wipe folowed by an update via BBDM this one ididnt do it i will give it a try later today an i will let you know i wish it is going to work i have not tried that so far


    so security wipe......turn off PB ...connect to pc and do the update
    lets keep my fingers crossed

    thanks
    Didn't work thanks anyway

  3. #11
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    hi everyone is there a solution to this
    problem working on it for the last 2 weeks the same thing only two icons on my playbook , always error while updating the software with DM any suggestions will be appreciated



  4. #12
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16
    unfortunately I asked help from a lot of BB forums about my issue so today I purchased a new nexus 7 I love it and I will put my pb away to wait for a wifi update because that's what is going to solve my problem bye pb and by the way Google nexus 7 is worth buying

  5. #13
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16

    Always stuck with a playbook without icons

    Quote Originally Posted by redq2006 View Post
    unfortunately I asked help from a lot of BB forums about my issue so today I purchased a new nexus 7 I love it and I will put my pb away to wait for a wifi update because that's what is going to solve my problem bye pb and by the way Google nexus 7 is worth buying
    Hi everybody it is over a month and no icons on my playbook -------I did a security wipe and then only to icons remaining SETUP and BROWSER------tried to update in orther to install a fresh OS errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrors------------plze help if you have any clues************************thanks



  6. #14
    danberry is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2

    Angry ...same issue

    Quote Originally Posted by redq2006 View Post
    Hi everybody it is over a month and no icons on my playbook -------I did a security wipe and then only to icons remaining SETUP and BROWSER------tried to update in orther to install a fresh OS errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrors------------plze help if you have any clues************************thanks


    I did a wipe on my LTE Playbook a few days ago and had the same issue. I only have two applications; setup and browser. I have tried using CFP and Dingleberry. With regards to CFP I would get a COM error. So the device would restart but then the com error would post. So there was no connection possible there. With regards to Dingleberry, well because of the latest update, it is not possible to downgrade.

    This has been a frustrating 4 days. I will try to upgrade to OS 10 Dev and then downgrade back to 2.1 to see if I can get the stock firmware back with the applications. If anyone else has suggestions, please do share.

    I have to say that Blackberry support is terrible. Ever since they ported operations to costa rica.. it's been nothing but a waste of time to even bother calling. Don't take my complaining for granted here.. I have been holding strong to the brand...but if this is what it takes to use a Blackberry device, I'm getting ready to tap out.. I will do my best to keep you posted if I find a way around this.. then we can start using our damn playbooks again...

  7. #15
    redq2006 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    playbook 4g
    OS
    2
    Posts
    16

    finally somebody like me

    Quote Originally Posted by danberry View Post
    I did a wipe on my LTE Playbook a few days ago and had the same issue. I only have two applications; setup and browser. I have tried using CFP and Dingleberry. With regards to CFP I would get a COM error. So the device would restart but then the com error would post. So there was no connection possible there. With regards to Dingleberry, well because of the latest update, it is not possible to downgrade.

    This has been a frustrating 4 days. I will try to upgrade to OS 10 Dev and then downgrade back to 2.1 to see if I can get the stock firmware back with the applications. If anyone else has suggestions, please do share.

    I have to say that Blackberry support is terrible. Ever since they ported operations to costa rica.. it's been nothing but a waste of time to even bother calling. Don't take my complaining for granted here.. I have been holding strong to the brand...but if this is what it takes to use a Blackberry device, I'm getting ready to tap out.. I will do my best to keep you posted if I find a way around this.. then we can start using our damn playbooks again...
    hi my friend I wish you will let me know about your progress i am still stuck with 2 icons please if you upgrade to BB10 dev let me know thanks

  8. #16
    barronian is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Device
    Playbook
    Posts
    1
    I had the same problem with my Playbook after security wiping it. After connecting it to wifi though and updating it it was the same. After powering it down though and restarting it, the icons came back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. wipe device?
    By tw820 in forum General BlackBerry Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:55 AM
  2. How to import security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    By Joe Jerde in forum PlayBook Tips, FAQ, & How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 02:34 AM
  3. To wipe...or not to wipe...
    By Orio in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •