Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 11

  1. #1
    rafiki is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Device
    PB64, Bold 9900
    OS
    2.1 beta
    Carrier
    Vodafone ES
    Posts
    175

    OS 2.0 this week?

    Any news on the release of OS 2.0? I seem to remember the 17th being touted as the date (UK at least).



  2. #2
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
    Any news on the release of OS 2.0? I seem to remember the 17th being touted as the date (UK at least).
    Hey Rafiki,

    The 17th is a possible date. Also, as reported by us, the 21st is also a possibility. Never know though. It could come at another date as well. We'll be the first to let you know.

  3. #3
    kryptoBB is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow kryptoBB On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Botswana, Africa
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    OS 6
    Carrier
    Mascom/ Orange
    Posts
    77
    its very worrying how RIM is not willing to give us a date even at this stage, it could be a sign of 'no commitment'', or the fact that they are actually not ready with os 2 and feel giving an exact date may be bad shud they fail to keep the date...



  4. #4
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptoBB View Post
    its very worrying how RIM is not willing to give us a date even at this stage, it could be a sign of 'no commitment'', or the fact that they are actually not ready with os 2 and feel giving an exact date may be bad shud they fail to keep the date...
    I do not think its a sign of "no commitment", but rather them taking their time to deliver a solid finished product. They can afford to mess this one up. I would much rather them take their time and deliver a great OS than rush something out the door because consumers want it quicker.

  5. #5
    kryptoBB is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow kryptoBB On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Botswana, Africa
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    OS 6
    Carrier
    Mascom/ Orange
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    I do not think its a sign of "no commitment", but rather them taking their time to deliver a solid finished product. They can afford to mess this one up. I would much rather them take their time and deliver a great OS than rush something out the door because consumers want it quicker.
    so u do agree RIM may not b ready wit os 2 but just not sayin it instead stringin us along by avoiding an actual release date



  6. #6
    AgentBlackBerry's Avatar
    AgentBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow AgentBlackBerry On Twitter Add AgentBlackBerry on Facebook Add AgentBlackBerry on Google+
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    2ADD0724
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.2.0.1443
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptoBB View Post
    so u do agree RIM may not b ready wit os 2 but just not sayin it instead stringin us along by avoiding an actual release date
    No no, the OS is ready... They've shown it off fully functional and are ripping through betas internally... We wrote at the end of January that OS 2.0 would be released on the 21st and it seems that that date might still be sticking around. The problem is if they say the 17th and it's the 18th, people will kill RIM for being "late" so just don't say anything and release it when its ready.

  7. #7
    ice2921's Avatar
    ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.684
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptoBB View Post
    so u do agree RIM may not b ready wit os 2 but just not sayin it instead stringin us along by avoiding an actual release date
    No I think they are ready, but there is more involved to releasing an OS than just making sure it works. There is timing and other marketing things to consider as well.

  8. #8
    latby's Avatar
    latby is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow latby On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    PIN
    215BCFD6
    Device
    8900
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    11
    oh yeah ,PlayBook can taste good app ,and have Email ,Greatful ,i hope RIM can give more attention fucus on the Only-One Pad ,So far !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Entertainment Tonight Week #4
    By AgentBlackBerry in forum BlackBerry Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 04:26 PM
  2. Storm 2 Next Week?
    By Le0_Br4zuC4 in forum BlackBerry Storm 2 9550/9520
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 04:55 AM
  3. Mac DM dropping this week?
    By bdube in forum Desktop Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 05:57 PM
  4. Tweeteev launching next week
    By cslaten in forum BlackBerry Apps
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
  5. Blackberry Week In Review
    By Neolantis in forum Weekly Recap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 03:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •