Video: iFixit's RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Teardown
[Mobile? Click Here for Video
To see more photos and details, head to the iFixit website
. Here are a few of the tear-down highlights:
- A small magnetic dock connector for charging on the bottom edge of the PlayBook is reminiscent of one of our favorite features of Apple's laptops.
- Unlike other popular tablets, the PlayBook's guts are not housed within the back cover but are instead attached to the display assembly.
- The PlayBook has a 20 watt-hour battery, which is a bit smaller than the iPad 2's 25 watt-hour and the Xoom's 24 watt-hour battery.
- Even though the battery in the PlayBook has a smaller capacity, the battery life is rumored to be comparable to the iPad 2 and Xoom, although official numbers have not yet been released.
- The PlayBook feels impressive in the hands. The metal frame around its front glass panel, rubberized rear panel.