Just got word from the BlackBerry Blog that a new BlackBerry Tablet OS update will soon be available! BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 introduces a variety of new features and enhancements, so similar to the v1.0.3 update. Some of the new features include:
How to update to BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5:
- Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook -- The first Facebook app optimized for tablets now comes preloaded and introduces new features including video uploading, message deletion, Facebook search enhancements and more
- In-App Payments Support -- Enables developers to create apps for the BlackBerry PlayBook using the BlackBerry Payment Service, which will allow users to purchase enhancements within apps such as another level in a game or a new edition of a magazine
- Additional Language Support -- Updates language support to include: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch and UK English
- BlackBerry PlayBook Charging Enhancements -- By simply touching the battery indicator on the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, users can easily adjust the screen brightness or choose to restart, turn off, or put the tablet into standby mode. Other charging improvements include the ability to charge the PlayBook while it is turned off, as well as an on-screen alert to notify users if they accidentally have plugged in an incorrect charger into their BlackBerry PlayBook
- Video Chat Connectivity -- Adds support for the TURN (Traversal Using Relay NAT) protocol, which enhances Video Chat connections between users on home, public and enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- Wi-Fi Hotspot Detection -- Automatic Wi-Fi hotspot detection in the BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 makes it easier to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot (at a coffee shop or an airport, for example)
Users who purchase and activate a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on or after Monday, June 6, will be automatically updated to v1.0.5 as part of the BlackBerry PlayBook setup process. Existing users will receive a software update notification on the BlackBerry PlayBook status ribbon, or they can check for the software update at any time in the settings menu under Software Updates.
Looks like I just got the ok on my PlayBook update! Happy updating PlayBook users, and don't forget to leave us a comment on how the update works for you!