Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 18

  1. #9
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Oh well, I guess those of us that do have them and do enjoy them can continue to do so *LOL* I just hope it sells well enough that RIM continues to develop a line of flip-phones.



  2. #10
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    IMHO the biggest thing these days, is the fact that the screen is so small. Most people that are buying a BB want more screen... only people really interested are new people to BB.. but with the full web browser and email it does not take long to see how much you wish you had a larger screen.

  3. #11
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    IMHO the biggest thing these days, is the fact that the screen is so small. Most people that are buying a BB want more screen... only people really interested are new people to BB.. but with the full web browser and email it does not take long to see how much you wish you had a larger screen.
    Yes, but the only problem with this argument is the screen is 2.4 inches, which according to VZW's website is the EXACT same size as the 9630 Tour's screen (only rotated 90 degrees) - holding my Flip up next to a Tour confirms this. Yet I don't hear people complaining about the size of the Tour's screen.

    The only advantage some of the open-faced trackball berries have is a higher screen resolution, however on a screen this small, that is not as important as one would think. It would be NICE if the Flip had a 360x480 screen (like a Tour screen rotated 90 degrees) but for the most part, a lower res screen of this size is actually easier to read. Sort of like the way that below a certain screen size, the difference between 1080p and 720p is very hard to see.

    I'm almost convinced that the branding as "Pearl" is what made it not as popular as one would think. They see the name and automatically assume it has ALL of the shortcomings of the original Pearl (tiny screen, sub-QVGA resolution, tiny keys)

    To be honest, if you're in the market for a BB device, and a large high-res screen is important to you; the Storm is the only real option (until the S2 comes out)



  4. #12
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Yes, but the only problem with this argument is the screen is 2.4 inches, which according to VZW's website is the EXACT same size as the 9630 Tour's screen (only rotated 90 degrees) - holding my Flip up next to a Tour confirms this. Yet I don't hear people complaining about the size of the Tour's screen.

    The only advantage some of the open-faced trackball berries have is a higher screen resolution, however on a screen this small, that is not as important as one would think. It would be NICE if the Flip had a 360x480 screen (like a Tour screen rotated 90 degrees) but for the most part, a lower res screen of this size is actually easier to read. Sort of like the way that below a certain screen size, the difference between 1080p and 720p is very hard to see.

    I'm almost convinced that the branding as "Pearl" is what made it not as popular as one would think. They see the name and automatically assume it has ALL of the shortcomings of the original Pearl (tiny screen, sub-QVGA resolution, tiny keys)

    To be honest, if you're in the market for a BB device, and a large high-res screen is important to you; the Storm is the only real option (until the S2 comes out)
    and thats the reason I dont have a tour lol

  5. #13
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    and thats the reason I dont have a tour lol
    Yeah, me too *LOL* I wanted a Tour so damn bad before it came out. Luckily for me, the President of the college I work for got one and I was in charge of setting it up. By the time I was done, my opinion was that it was a nice device, but compared to the Storm the screen was too small; and to me it was hard to type on.

    I will admit that the awesome screen on the Storm is the reason I use it as much as possible, and only activate the Flip when I feel the environment I will be in is likely to endanger my Storm.



  6. #14
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Yeah, me too *LOL* I wanted a Tour so damn bad before it came out. Luckily for me, the President of the college I work for got one and I was in charge of setting it up. By the time I was done, my opinion was that it was a nice device, but compared to the Storm the screen was too small; and to me it was hard to type on.

    I will admit that the awesome screen on the Storm is the reason I use it as much as possible, and only activate the Flip when I feel the environment I will be in is likely to endanger my Storm.

    That is how I feel.. I have a work BB and I never bring it home.. they made me run with the tour for 30 days because...lol my boss says I guarantee you wont want to go back to the storm, I carry the storm as my personal line too... lol at 30days he walks in and says so you keeping it? I simply said where is my storm? The tour is a great phone but I love my storm

  7. #15
    spamkiller's Avatar
    spamkiller is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.450
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by honeysmith View Post
    Is this blackberry model is avilable in India?

    Thanks.........
    Hello, just to let you know that I deleted the link in your post as spam. See the BBOS rules and guidelines... http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/n...uidelines.html

    To answer your question, the 82xx is a fairly old device so you may be able to find it on eBay or another used phone site. There is a much newer version of the Pearl device.

  8. #16
    victortwice is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Device
    8220,9550
    OS
    4.6,5.0
    Carrier
    TSTT,DIGCEL
    Posts
    1
    Hi New here but been techy for a while i have been fooling around with a flip for a while and i have this Pain with the bluetooth
    as far as i can see the system is trying to locate file that are corrupt
    eg: net.rim.bluetooth.hf- CLUP
    net.rim.bluetooth.a2dp- CLUP
    net.rim.bluetooth.avrcp- CLUP
    net.rim.bluetooth.sap- CLUP
    this is the dump of the system log any idea why these files logged ever few seconds?
    for or is it a hardware promblem ?

    HOPE THEY HAVE A GURU IN THE HOUSE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •