Pearl 9100 to drop the suretype?

Thread: Pearl 9100 to drop the suretype?

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Pearl 9100 to drop the suretype?

This is an interesting rumor. Al Sacco (CIO.com) is reporting that Chinese cell phone parts seller, TrueSupplier, is offering a full Qwerty keyboard in replacement for Blackberry Pearl 9100's keyboard. This is a great idea for those of us that can't stand the SureType feature. I do hope they continue to offer both SureType and full Qwerty keyboards, as this will continue to suit the needs of the previous SureType lovers.

The rumor started when this image leaked. More support for the suggested rumor is that the image was actually named "OEM Blackberry Pearl 9100 Keyboard Keypad Black.". Whether RIM offer's offers the new Pearl in SureType or Qwerty (which of course right now is still a rumor), it is sure going to spark interest. It could be possible that RIM is trying to potentially target people with smaller hands who would prefer a full keyboard (it sounds weird, but it is possible). It could also be possible that they want a smaller keyboard with their signature Qwerty keyboard.

What do you guy's think about this? Do you prefer the Qwerty keyboard or SureType and also, do you think it will be a hit or miss for RIM?

"Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

Derek Zielinski is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Derek Zielinski On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Not too sure about the keypad, but I had a bad experience when I ordered from TrueSupplier. They are extremely difficult to contact, and I am pretty sure the housing I got for my phone was used before. I much prefer cnn.cn. Anyway, this phone isn't even out yet is it? Why are there parts for it already?

Atomic.18 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Device
    Storm2 952
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    wow. this sounds great. i like this idea i might have 2 new types or berries in the future. that keyboard looking good, i never thought i would ever see something like this