Google Contact Sync Appearing Now on BIS Sites
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Google Contact Sync Appearing Now on BIS Sites

  1. #1
    sunkast Guest

    Google Contact Sync Appearing Now on BIS Sites


    A few weeks ago when BIS 2.8 was rolled out we learned of a new feature that would sync contacts with Google. At the time it was believed that this feature wouldn't be enabled until the official release of OS 5.0. Good news seems to be that we were wrong. The feature seems to be showing up on BIS sites now. Though it looks to be only be enabled for Verizon and AT&T users. Never the less, you still need OS 5.0 to take advantage of this new option.





  2. #2
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    Hey Sunkast

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post

    A few weeks ago when BIS 2.8 was rolled out we learned of a new feature that would sync contacts with Google. At the time it was believed that this feature wouldn't be enabled until the official release of OS 5.0. Good news seems to be that we were wrong. The feature seems to be showing up on BIS sites now. Though it looks to be only be enabled for Verizon and AT&T users. Never the less, you still need OS 5.0 to take advantage of this new option.

    i am on At&T and it does not save synching with contacts. An error comes up. Have been trying since morning.

  3. #3
    woodi68's Avatar
    woodi68 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow woodi68 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    PIN
    310DB3BA
    Device
    9550 - Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.509 hybrid
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Mindy, same here. I'm on Verizon and get an error if I try to check Synch Contacts and then hit save.

    Wonder if it won't allow this if you're on a BES and this is an additional account. :/
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RL_Wood
    My Blog: http://LegalAdmin.info

  4. #4
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    Hey Mindy, same here. I'm on Verizon and get an error if I try to check Synch Contacts and then hit save.

    Wonder if it won't allow this if you're on a BES and this is an additional account. :/
    well... im verizon too. no BES. only bis accts. still wont let me save the sync option either... i even tried deleteing/servicebooks/etc.... wonder if there is a plugin update out there for the enhanced gmail plugin thing.... im gonna look into this.

  5. #5
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    What is the BIS site? I'm confused.

  6. #6
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    well... im verizon too. no BES. only bis accts. still wont let me save the sync option either... i even tried deleteing/servicebooks/etc.... wonder if there is a plugin update out there for the enhanced gmail plugin thing.... im gonna look into this.
    so here is what i found out... this is straight from RIM:

    Note: Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.
    By default, wireless data synchronization is turned on for organizer data, such as contacts, on your BlackBerry® device. If wireless data synchronization is turned off on your device, you must turn on wireless data synchonization before you try to synchronize your Google Mail™ contacts.
    For more information about synchronization, click the Help icon on the Home screen of your device.

    1. On the Home screen of your device, click the Contacts icon.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Click your Google Mail email address.
    5. Change the Wireless Synchronization field to Yes.
    6. Press the Menu key.
    7. Click Save.

    Parent topic: Synchronizing contacts


    Copyright 2009 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved.




    now this does not work for me. for some reason i dont have the gmail account in my options menu like it states. even tho i have v5.0.0.230 full on my phone. can some other gmail users help me verrify these findings / what os you are running etc...

  7. #7
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    What is the BIS site? I'm confused.
    BIS is the email setup site from blackberry... like for verizon it is:

    BlackBerry Internet Service

    this is where you manage your internet based email accts like yahoo, google, aol, etc.

  8. #8
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    BIS is the email setup site from blackberry... like for verizon it is:

    BlackBerry Internet Service

    this is where you manage your internet based email accts like yahoo, google, aol, etc.
    Thank you.

  9. #9
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    Thank you.
    Welcome.

  10. #10
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    So I signed on to the BIS site and I was able to successfully sync my contacts.

  11. #11
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    So I signed on to the BIS site and I was able to successfully sync my contacts.
    ATT / verizon? 5.0.0..2xx hybrid? im running .230 full... if you can do the sync i will be flashing my phone in like 2.2... lol:laugh2:

  12. #12
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    ATT / verizon? 5.0.0..2xx hybrid? im running .230 full... if you can do the sync i will be flashing my phone in like 2.2... lol:laugh2:
    Verizon. OS 5.0 hybrid (i.e. lyrics latest hybrid)

  13. #13
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    Verizon. OS 5.0 hybrid (i.e. lyrics latest hybrid)
    so ya mean the 5.0.0.230/.287 or the .230/.287/.296? the first was just released a couple days ago and the second is only avail to the VIP ers of his site...

  14. #14
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    so ya mean the 5.0.0.230/.287 or the .230/.287/.296? the first was just released a couple days ago and the second is only avail to the VIP ers of his site...
    Yeah I'm using the 5.0.0.230/.287 hybrid.

    On a side note, if I edit my contacts on my phone, will it automatically be synced with my google contacts?

    EDIT: I just deleted a few contacts from my phone and I immediately login my gmail account via desktop and my contacts were updated. Very cool!
    Last edited by thetruth; 10-19-2009 at 03:15 PM.

  15. #15
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    Yeah I'm using the 5.0.0.230/.287 hybrid.

    On a side note, if I edit my contacts on my phone, will it automatically be synced with my google contacts?
    you got it... it is a full 2 way sync... 70% done downloading that same hybrid.... will post my results!

  16. #16
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    Hi

    Hi i am using .238 on AT&T Bold. no Wireless Sync. It says Not Available when i try to do it on device. Contacts/Options/....as per the instructions.
    Any help?

  17. #17
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    For those of you not using google there is a great 2 way sync for the BB that sync calendar and contacts and more for free. Nice Office - Your Mobile Business Assistant

    Check it out if you like, it works great.

  18. #18
    nrw2001's Avatar
    nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Howell, MI
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    Hi i am using .238 on AT&T Bold. no Wireless Sync. It says Not Available when i try to do it on device. Contacts/Options/....as per the instructions.
    Any help?
    hey mindy... im working on an idea... I think you need at least the .287 hybrid that was just released to use these features. im loading the new os to test the theory as we speak... give me like 30 minutes. ish. lol

  19. #19
    cj100570's Avatar
    cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .328
    Posts
    132
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i am on At&T and it does not save synching with contacts. An error comes up. Have been trying since morning.

    If your browser automatically fills in your username and password you have to delete and fill in the password section manually. I've been having this issue with BIS for ages. And you can always just enable it from your phone!
    Last edited by cj100570; 10-19-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

  20. #20
    Nykon1293 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.484
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    Sync

    I have sprint and I set it up yesterday fine....un checked it tho because it was interfering with my facebook....am gonna try again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •