BlackBerry App World Updated!
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: BlackBerry App World Updated!

  1. #1
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times

    BlackBerry App World Updated!



    Yes that's right folks, yet another update from RIM! This time it is the highly loved (or hated) BlackBerry App World. Of course with upgrades, there is always fixes that are noticable or that are under the hood. We are seeing great things coming from RIM and I am sure that we can see much much more coming in the very near future! Head on over to blackberry.com/appworld to pick up your upgraded copy of App World or log into App World and download the update version!

    Thanks to @young_adam for the awesome tip!

    Last edited by Stiefler; 10-08-2009 at 08:06 PM.




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    I wish they would release a change log So far haven't noticed any differences but then again I rarely use it.

  3. #3
    kjdoug's Avatar
    kjdoug is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.167
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up I know...

    I know what it fixed. It fixed the "paid apps are not available in your country" problem I was having!

  4. #4
    jmu33's Avatar
    jmu33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GA
    PIN
    302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    0 times
    Any one know why it won't work on 5.0.0.230 on a 8330 verizon? I keep getting the "having a hard time connecting to the network" error. I have all options set to allow

  5. #5
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    If i actually used this i would probably Update it lol!

  6. #6
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmu33 View Post
    Any one know why it won't work on 5.0.0.230 on a 8330 verizon? I keep getting the "having a hard time connecting to the network" error. I have all options set to allow
    Did you have your issue resolved or are you still having a connection problem?
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  7. #7
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmu33 View Post
    Any one know why it won't work on 5.0.0.230 on a 8330 verizon? I keep getting the "having a hard time connecting to the network" error. I have all options set to allow
    Probably has to do with the OS but I could be wrong as well, there is still a lot of bugs with the 5.0 OS

  8. #8
    jmu33's Avatar
    jmu33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GA
    PIN
    302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    Did you have your issue resolved or are you still having a connection problem?
    nope, still having the same problem......i thought i read somewhere that os 5.0 isnt compatible with app world, i dunno, im prolly wrong........i dont use app world 2 much but it sure is nice gettin apps off of there instead of searchin for a ota

  9. #9
    elementx is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    bold (9700)
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on 5.0.0.238 on the Bold and AppWorld is working without too many problems. This release hasn't frozen on me yet (previously I'd click the AppWorld icon, it'd sit there, and the app would never open).

    --
    @young_adam

  10. #10
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmu33 View Post
    nope, still having the same problem......i thought i read somewhere that os 5.0 isnt compatible with app world, i dunno, im prolly wrong........i dont use app world 2 much but it sure is nice gettin apps off of there instead of searchin for a ota
    I learned yesterday I should stay away from trying to give 8330 advice:laugh2:

    BUT, as far as I know app world wasn't compatible with 5.0 UNTIL they released the updated versions - starting with .15 (?). The newer versions of appworld should work fine on 5.0 OS (on the storm at least!).

  11. #11
    jmu33's Avatar
    jmu33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GA
    PIN
    302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    I learned yesterday I should stay away from trying to give 8330 advice:laugh2:

    BUT, as far as I know app world wasn't compatible with 5.0 UNTIL they released the updated versions - starting with .15 (?). The newer versions of appworld should work fine on 5.0 OS (on the storm at least!).
    lol hmmmm o well no biggie......i blame all of it on verizon anyways lol thanx

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •