Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 32

  1. #9
    TDetroit is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.199
    Posts
    48
    Hmmmm, if they fix that small gap around the screen.....and maybe give us more app memory, then I can see me selling my storm on Craigslist....and getting the new one



  2. #10
    painlessone is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Calif.
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v.5.0.0.328 4.2.0.128
    Posts
    86
    With two chips running to get the WiFi you will probably see the "Low Battery" warning shown in the first picture...much like the battery problems with iPhones.

  3. #11
    Justin Rampage's Avatar
    Justin Rampage is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Justin Rampage On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    194
    Why didn't they do this in the first place?



  4. #12
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rampage View Post
    Why didn't they do this in the first place?
    According to my friend who is tech support at VZW the two top complaints for the storm are:

    1. No Wifi
    2. Click on screen is inconsistent from Storm to Storm

    So I guess VZW does listen to their customers, kind of.

  5. #13
    Justin Rampage's Avatar
    Justin Rampage is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Justin Rampage On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    According to my friend who is tech support at VZW the two top complaints for the storm are:

    1. No Wifi
    2. Click on screen is inconsistent from Storm to Storm

    So I guess VZW does listen to their customers, kind of.
    Ha Ha yeah. Well i guess all we can do is hope for the best. I'm hoping Verizon will help us original Storm owners out with an upgrade to the Storm 2, if it does come out.



  6. #14
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Well, personally. I don't think verizon will sell a phone that has WiFi. IF they do, they will find a way to control it so you have to pay for it to be active and usable. And I also agree. If this is true then I can really see the beta leaks for the Storm stopping completely because they will be working on the 'Storm 2'. This is actually bitter sweet news. imo.

  7. #15
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Well, personally. I don't think verizon will sell a phone that has WiFi. IF they do, they will find a way to control it so you have to pay for it to be active and usable. And I also agree. If this is true then I can really see the beta leaks for the Storm stopping completely because they will be working on the 'Storm 2'. This is actually bitter sweet news. imo.
    From sources within RIM it has been confirmed the VZW has requested the Storm 2 have wifi. Whether or not VZW restricts it is anyones guess but it has been confirmed by inside sources Storm 2 will definitely have wifi. From the same source, RIM is actively working on new OS's every day. As a matter of fact he stated that it won't be long until the 5.0 is released on the current Storm. Whether or not we see leaks is another question but VZW and RIM are investing quite a lot of time and money to ensure the Storm's success.

  8. #16
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    From sources within RIM it has been confirmed the VZW has requested the Storm 2 have wifi. Whether or not VZW restricts it is anyones guess but it has been confirmed by inside sources Storm 2 will definitely have wifi. From the same source, RIM is actively working on new OS's every day. As a matter of fact he stated that it won't be long until the 5.0 is released on the current Storm. Whether or not we see leaks is another question but VZW and RIM are investing quite a lot of time and money to ensure the Storm's success.

    I highly doubt that. It may happen with other storm users on another carrier but VZW sucks at releasing an official. This is one of those, I'll believe it when I see it type of deals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •