Enhanced GMail For Blackberry Available now
- Archive a message
- Add a star to a message
- Add a label to a message
- Report spam email message
- Perform local and remote searches
- View related messages as a single conversation (conversation view)
Note: Google Mail enhanced features are only available within the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in and are not available when viewing Google Mail messages in the Messages application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Synchronization happens in one direction, from the BlackBerry smartphone to the Google Mail account. This means that some changes that take place in the webmail UI are not reflected on the BlackBerry smartphone. These include:
- Applying a label to messages in Google Mail after they are retrieved by the BlackBerry Internet Service
- Adding a star to messages in Google Mail after they are retrieved by the BlackBerry Internet Service
- Marking messages as read, archived, or spam in Google Mail
- o Email messages marked as spam on the BlackBerry smartphone will be synchronized with the Google Mail account
- o Email messages marked as spam in Google Mail will not be marked as spam on the BlackBerry smartphone if they have already been retrieved by the BIS
- Changing labels in Google Mail
- Note: Changes made to labels in Google Mail will not be applied to the corresponding labels on the BlackBerry smartphone. When a label is renamed in Google Mail, it is synchronized as a new label on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Labels cannot be created, renamed, or deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone.
The system requirements for Enhanced Google Mail include:
· BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 or later
· Google Mail account that is associated with the BlackBerry Internet Service
Google Mail enhanced features are only available within the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in and are not available when viewing Google Mail messages in the Messages application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION
To download and install the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in, complete the following steps:
Note: Once the Google Mail account is integrated, the BlackBerry smartphone user will receive a PIN message on the BlackBerry smartphone indicating the availability of the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in.
Note: BlackBerry smartphone users with existing integrated Google Mail accounts must re-associate their email accounts to receive a PIN message and download the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in.
1. Instruct the subscriber to download the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in by clicking the web address in the message.
2. When the download is completed, the Google Mail icon on the Home screen will change.
The Enhanced Google Mail plug-in only needs to be downloaded once and can support multiple Google Mail addresses on the same BlackBerry smartphone.
Or you just download OTA from here.
Great post :fing02: thanks for sharing
Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )
No love for 5.0 that's RIM
I assume the only reason for that is... we should only be on Rims official OS lol and we know that's never going to happen...
Originally Posted by ealvnv
I downloaded the plug-in from the link in PIN message after integrating my gmail account, but I still see no difference. Anyone have a screen shot of what the icon should look like or any ideas on what I did wrong?
is this plug-in for gmail app on bb or integrate into RIM message? I don't see any features that mentioned above. Never mind I removed it.
Last edited by taichi; 08-22-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Wow this is definitely a useful plug in. And about time too. Hopefully they can quickly improve upon it. It may make me finally dump the Gmail app and add Gmail to BIS.
You have to use the email@example.com icon if you want to use the features. The Gmail plugin doesnt intergrate into the all messages icon/viewer from blackberry devices.
Tags for this Thread