Discuss Anders Jeppsson Talks Game Development On BlackBerry
Gaming on the BlackBerry platform has come a long way since the days of relentlessly trying to master BrickBreaker.Today, thanks to new technology and better developer tools, we see mobile gaming reaching new heights and milestones. For the past two years RIM has been working hard to develop its BlackBerry 10 platform from the ground up and gaming has been an important part of that process.
Anders Jeppsson RIM's Global Head of Gaming Category, recently talked about gaming on the BlackBerry 10 platform and gave some pretty convincing reasons why game developers should focus their attention on developing for BlackBerry. Contrary to popular belief there are actually quite a few incentives that makes developing games for BlackBerry worth it. We already know that games on the BlackBerry platform on average make more money than those on other platforms.
Are you serious about gaming? If you are BB10 is the starting spot. Take a look at some of the highlights from the video and see why BlackBerry 10 is the future of gaming.
- For the last two years RIM has been building an optimized and differentiated platform from the ground up. The components that make up BlackBerry 10 are solid and proven, from security to social integration BB10 is the ultimate platform.
- RIM is focusing on further enhancing the BBM platform by utilizing Scoreloop, to continue to make games cross-platform so that you can play a game against someone on any platform.
- Minimizing device fragmentation
- RIM is utilizing open standards, like POSIX, STL, OpenGL.
- BlackBerry has of the best native SDK in the market right now.
- Over 80% of RIM's 80 million users are consumers that use BlackBerry for social interaction.
- BBM integration increased game app downloads.
- Visual Studio plugin will be releasing very soon.