Research In Motion hosts conference call in reference to outages
RIM hosted a conference call today in which it addressed a couple of questions about the recent BIS outage worldwide. Most of what was discussed we already knew
- System is designed to fail over, however the system did not function as it should have
- Infrastructure In Europe experienced a core switch failure.
- The issues in the Americas were due to backlog of messages from users in the EMEA region.
- Emails will NOT be released. Every email that was sent will be delivered.
- No ETA addressed on when problems will be fixed completely.
This conference call was specifically to inform people that aren't on Twitter/Facebook/etc and might not otherwise have received those updates.
- Share with us your thoughts on the conference call.