Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 54

  1. #17
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I am not saying, I don't believe you...I am just trying to find a solution. I can't believe that vzw, with their testing process, completely missed it?!?!?!? :banghead:
    Trust me I truly appreciate all the help you have provided.




  2. #18
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    I found a picture of vzw's testing process.


  3. #19
    ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Of MI
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I am not saying, I don't believe you...I am just trying to find a solution. I can't believe that vzw, with their testing process, completely missed it?!?!?!? :banghead:
    JL ha the perfect answer to your question.

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I found a picture of vzw's testing process.


  4. #20
    BlckBrryMD's Avatar
    BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    184

    You know what's really funny

    You know what's really funny, is the change log from Apple on the iPhone will simply say "improvements and bug fixes". Bottom line is if you own and iPhone the cult of Steve Jobs can turn off your apps, access your phone and they never tell you what "bug fixes and security updates" they made. This is btw coming from an avid MAC user, who is uses and is happy with his BlackBerry Storm.

  5. #21
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I am not saying, I don't believe you...I am just trying to find a solution. I can't believe that vzw, with their testing process, completely missed it?!?!?!? :banghead:
    The underlying problem here is far more serious than what VZW may/may not release in terms of an OS. JLevy73 and others are reporting this BT problem and yet there are also many, many VZW Storm users who have tried .141 and .148 and do not have the issue...leading one to conclude that not all Sorms are the same. This is almost an impossible situation to correct via the OS. What a freaking mess!

  6. #22
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by BlckBrryMD View Post
    You know what's really funny, is the change log from Apple on the iPhone will simply say "improvements and bug fixes". Bottom line is if you own and iPhone the cult of Steve Jobs can turn off your apps, access your phone and they never tell you what "bug fixes and security updates" they made. This is btw coming from an avid MAC user, who is uses and is happy with his BlackBerry Storm.
    I agree with with what you said but typically if you look through the apple forums their change logs will be provided there as well. The .148 change log was an internal VZW document and was not something most Storm owners will ever see. I am Mac user and also had an iPhone for a while (still use it as a paperweight) and while the Storm is a great phone there are many things RIM can learn from that phone. For example, most iPhone owners don't need to replace 5 phone to get the screen to work right. And while updates are few and far between their base OS was far superior to the crappy .65 that came preloaded with the Storm on November 21st.

  7. #23
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    The underlying problem here is far more serious than what VZW may/may not release in terms of an OS. JLevy73 and others are reporting this BT problem and yet there are also many, many VZW Storm users who have tried .141 and .148 and do not have the issue...leading one to conclude that not all Sorms are the same. This is almost an impossible situation to correct via the OS. What a freaking mess!
    Yeah I know Toy it is a mess. And there are other forums who are reporting the same problem that I and others have experienced. What's even more maddening is that through someone I was able to communicate with an internal tester for vzw and this was his response to the bug. "Yes we are aware of this bug and my suggestion would be once the OS is released to the public that he call vzw tech support go through the trobleshooting steps and they will submit a ticket to RIM." Wow just :censored: wow.

  8. #24
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yeah I know Toy it is a mess. And there are other forums who are reporting the same problem that I and others have experienced. What's even more maddening is that through someone I was able to communicate with an internal tester for vzw and this was his response to the bug. "Yes we are aware of this bug and my suggestion would be once the OS is released to the public that he call vzw tech support go through the trobleshooting steps and they will submit a ticket to RIM." Wow just :censored: wow.
    I wonder if RIM/VZW know pretty much how many Storms are affected by the "bug" and decided to deal with them seperately rather than hold up another OS release. Sounds to me like an opportunity for those adversely affected (ie. VZW made your phone less functional -not to mention it's a driving safety issue) to make a demand for fully functional replacements...maybe a free upgrade to the Storm 2 when it's available if you're interested in that. But I see no reason for certain users to have to contend with a lesser device because of VZW/RIMs decision to ignore a known problem.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •