Skype App Leaked (BETA) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Skype App Leaked (BETA)

  1. #21
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Update didn't work anyways. Had some error.


    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz


  2. #22
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    This app is pretty clunky for the Storm. Without touch suppport it just isn't work messing with in my opinion.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  3. #23
    ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Of MI
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Posts
    535
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmm, don't seem to find anything in the files about what device it is for originally, but you can tell it is a beta just by the name.

    (BETA) No Yes About Skype Skypeâ„¢ (BETA) Version 1.0.5.0

  4. #24
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    This app is pretty clunky for the Storm. Without touch suppport it just isn't work messing with in my opinion.
    Have you tried to disable compatibility mode after the menus?

  5. #25
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Have you tried to disable compatibility mode after the menus?
    I will try that now
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  6. #26
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Do u think I can run this w 3mbs of app memory :lmao:

  7. #27
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Have you tried to disable compatibility mode after the menus?
    No, you have to have cap mode on. otherwise there is no way to navigate the app. It's working. I am chating with a friend right now. But until a storm version is out I won't use this unless absolutely neccessary. I can tell by this beta app though, it will be nice when we get a Storm version.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  8. #28
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Do u think I can run this w 3mbs of app memory :lmao:
    Poor Nikki :grouphug:

  9. #29
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    No, you have to have cap mode on. otherwise there is no way to navigate the app. It's working. I am chating with a friend right now. But until a storm version is out I won't use this unless absolutely neccessary. I can tell by this beta app though, it will be nice when we get a Storm version.
    Hey it works! LOL But as long as it works for now, use it when ya need it lol

  10. #30
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    You have to use the full qwerty portrait keyboard in the app too. It's the only way to select the P key which is used for back.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  11. #31
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    You have to use the full qwerty portrait keyboard in the app too. It's the only way to select the P key which is used for back.
    Whats buttons you use to scroll!?

  12. #32
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Whats buttons you use to scroll!?
    With cap mode on you can mimic a trackball by moving your finger up and down on the app's screen. But you can't touch select anything. You have to scroll to it. Definitely not a Storm beta version.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  13. #33
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    With cap mode on you can mimic a trackball by moving your finger up and down on the app's screen. But you can't touch select anything. You have to scroll to it. Definitely not a Storm beta version.
    Hmmm, can't replicate that...giving up.

  14. #34
    ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Of MI
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Posts
    535
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    With cap mode on you can mimic a trackball by moving your finger up and down on the app's screen. But you can't touch select anything. You have to scroll to it. Definitely not a Storm beta version.
    Strange, because from what I read no other devices will load it. No Bold or Curve, just Storm. Is this a very early alpha one?

  15. #35
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    With cap mode on you can mimic a trackball by moving your finger up and down on the app's screen. But you can't touch select anything. You have to scroll to it. Definitely not a Storm beta version.
    Hmmm, can't replicate that...giving up.
    Do you have compatibility mode on with the keyboard taking up half the screen then trying it?

  16. #36
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch View Post
    Strange, because from what I read no other devices will load it. No Bold or Curve, just Storm. Is this a very early alpha one?
    Well, considering the Storm has no WiFi, it doesn't seem like having a Skype app would add very much to the mix. No VoiP calling.

  17. #37
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Well, considering the Storm has no WiFi, it doesn't seem like having a Skype app would add very much to the mix. No VoiP calling.
    For some this app will be great when it finally works. I have a long list of skype friends and we use the IM all the time. I would love to have this app on my Storm. I never use the skype VoiP
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  18. #38
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    loading to my bold now!
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  19. #39
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Do you have compatibility mode on with the keyboard taking up half the screen then trying it?
    ok - compatibility mode ON, portrait mode/full qwerty
    Yes, works - sort of. Definitely not yet ready for prime time!

  20. #40
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    For some this app will be great when it finally works. I have a long list of skype friends and we use the IM all the time. I would love to have this app on my Storm. I never use the skype VoiP
    Just the opposite here. I "talk" to several people weekly all over South America, Europe, Australia and a few other places on occasion using VoiP on Skype. They're all Skpers so it's free. Works great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •