Mobile World Congress - Barcelona Spain February 15 - 17, 2011
MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS - BARCELONA SPAIN FEBRUARY 15 - 17, 2011
The Mobile World Congress is the mobile industry’s “must attend” event with more than 49,000 visitors in 2010. An integral part of Congress, the conference agenda will feature speakers representing the leaders of the world’s most innovative companies, both from within the industry and from the growing number of adjacent market sectors joining the ever-expanding mobile ecosystem.
In 2011, the conference agenda will showcase dynamic speakers from a broad range of companies, and will feature in-depth sessions covering the industry’s key growth areas.
Jim Balsillie, RIM’s CO-CEO is one of the confirmed keynote speakers for the Mobile World Congress slated for February 15 - 17, 2011 in Barcelona Spain.
New additions to the 2011 conference program will include:
- A new day-long App Planet Forum which will offer dedicated content for mobile application developers
- Mobile World Live keynotes featuring visionary speakers to be streamed live around the world
- More than 22 focused breakout sessions, providing essential insights on current and future trends impacting the ever-changing mobile industry
One of the many planned highlighted sessions will include:
Regional Focus Session - Spotlight on The U.S.A.
The U.S. mobile market is renowned for its extreme competitiveness in pricing and as a test bed for hot new devices. Despite an approaching penetration rate of 100%, recent analysis reveals that the fourth quarter of 2009 saw 5.9 million net new subscribers signed up for wireless services - the highest number of new adds made during a three-month period in three years. Despite the strain on networks, the battle for subscribers among carriers continues through a huge launch of new devices designed for a nation hooked on smart gadgets. But is the model sustainable in a world of declining voice revenues and increased data load?
In a country where mobile operators depend on mobile data services and smart pricing to drive the communication market, what opportunities exist for remaining companies feeling the squeeze from device exclusivity? What’s the impact of unlimited offerings other companies can offer in the prepaid segment?
By bringing together leading mobile innovators from across the United States, this session will look at the importance of content line-up, pricing, quality of service and customer care, while identifying the factors that will lead to success in the future.
Other forums currently appearing on the agenda include:
App Planet Forum:
- Making Apps Profitable
- Making Apps Smarter
- Taking Apps to Mass Market
- How to Make In-App Advertising Work
- Integrating Mobile into a Broader Advertising Campaign
- The Next Wave of Mobile Financial Services
- Mobile Strategies for Financial Institutions
- Driving Customer Usage of Mobile Financial Services
- Payments on the Go – The Latest Trends on Mobile Payments & Transfers
- Bringing a New Dimension to Print
- Making Telematics Mass-Market
Embedded Consumer Electronics:
- The Role of Mobile Connectivity in Consumer Electronics
Network Technology Evolution:
- Services for LTE
- Future Architecture, Technology and Application Enablers
Last edited by kalyhan; 12-01-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Tags for this Thread