Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 15

  1. #1
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538

    VZW Pushing out new OS for Storm???



    Ladies and gentleman please check your flame throwers at the door. From our friends over at Boy Genius Report, they are reporting that 4.7.0.141 is here (according to one of their inside sources at VZW). This rumor was started yesterday and word is that VZW is releasing this only via OTA. You can read the full article here:

    Verizon to push out a new OS update for the Storm? : Boy Genius Report



  2. #2
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    no email rceived and no new update available OTA - I just checked on my device...gee, what a shock! Another believe it when we see it.

  3. #3
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    no email rceived and no new update available OTA - I just checked on my device...gee, what a shock! Another believe it when we see it.
    exactly...i dont believe anything about verizon and an os anymore.



  4. #4
    skeletallightning's Avatar
    skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.591
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    no email rceived and no new update available OTA - I just checked on my device...gee, what a shock! Another believe it when we see it.
    definitely. i've been satisfied with leaks and hybrids. these official update rumors are always just rumors. it would be sweet, but i'll believe it when i see it.

  5. #5
    trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    I really hope they dont make this OTA only. ... i removed that feature with shrink-a-os, lol. besides, a real install is much better anyways seeing as 80% of us probably wont be using the full OS anyways. Meh.
    also.. ditto to the ill believe it when i see it... which likely means ill never believe it. God i feel sorry for the poor-non-tech-savvy storm owners stuck with verizons .75. Moment of silence for them all please, thanks
    Last edited by trunk; 04-28-2009 at 07:54 PM.



  6. #6
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by trunk View Post
    I really hope they dont make this OTA only. ... i removed that feature with shrink-a-os, lol. besides, a real install is much better anyways seeing as 80% of us probably wont be using the full OS anyways. Meh.
    also.. ditto to the ill believe it when i see it... which likely means ill never believe it. God i feel sorry for the poor-non-tech-savvy storm owners stuck with verizons .75. Moment of silence for them all please, thanks
    I may be wrong but I think for the OTA to work, you would have to downgrade to .75 so OTA see's it as an upgrade. Similar to DM doesn't recognize beta's as upgrades, only .75 is. Again, I could be wrong, but I believe thats the case.

  7. #7
    aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    I may be wrong but I think for the OTA to work, you would have to downgrade to .75 so OTA see's it as an upgrade. Similar to DM doesn't recognize beta's as upgrades, only .75 is. Again, I could be wrong, but I believe thats the case.
    I am about as sure as you are (lol), but I don't think this is the case. From pretty reliable sources over on CrackBerry, they say we can install an OTA over whatever we want.

    The biggest issue is, many of us have removed the OTA out of our OS in order to shrink it down lulz

  8. #8
    BrianF is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    PIN
    305D2F4F
    Device
    storm 1
    OS
    5.0.0.328 boring official
    Posts
    24
    your kidding right? just puled out the last few hairs i have doing the 132v4 LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •