10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)
No need to leave glock. I am with you on this. Who knows if the letter is real or not. I personally don't think its accurate. We all have opinions and are free to express them. Sorry if you feel you were attacked. I think everyone wants the app to drop and is sitting on pins and needles.
10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
BlackBerry® Messenger 5.0
Launch Date: Global - October 7, 2009
BlackBerry® Messenger is an instant messaging application that allows BlackBerry Smartphone users to send and receive instant messages with other BlackBerry Smartphone users.
BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 is the latest release.
* Enhanced SMS -Allows for a conversational chat-like user experience with a single contact list for the most personal mobile-to-mobile communications
o Note: BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0 and later is required for the SMS functionality.
* Avatars - Users can choose a picture from the BlackBerry Smartphone gallery and save it as their personal avatar, which will be seen by their contacts. They can also view other avatars in the contact list and zoom in on the avatars of contacts participating in a conversation by selecting "View participants."
* Large Media File Transfer - Users can send/receive large file transfers up to 6 megabytes for pictures, files and audio.
o Note: BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 is required to receive large media files.
* Enhanced Group Functionality - Allows for the ability to update, share & communicate with a subset community.
* Bar-code Identity - A user can add a contact to the BlackBerry Messenger contact list by displaying a 2-dimensional bar code that invitees can capture with their device cameras.
* Reliable Contact Backup and Restore - Contacts are backed-up on a server and do not require the need for BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
10-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by glockguy
yup...there was NO accusation stated or implied.... people are so sensitive and take this shit way too seriously....
Last edited by jungleland26; 10-07-2009 at 03:37 PM.
10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Just remember back when OMIE released a screenshot of his berry saying BBM 22.214.171.124 or whatever? Like a month ago??
I swear there were thousands of people in waiting rooms all over the net waiting for the leak of this thing.....
And then, a few people here managed to duplicate that exact same screen shot. I think someone even posted having BBM 7.x or something!! LMAO!!!
So, exactly like was posted above, this should have been checked first, but that's the nature of the interweb right?
"I saw it on the net, so it must be true"......
Get my drift?
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks Natemz! I agree, people are really wound up over this!!
Originally Posted by Natemz
I was never gonna leave here.....I love the drama! lol
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
we prefer to call them waiting rooms lmao
Originally Posted by glockguy
10-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by gatewayad
Anyways, hope this comes out tonight!!! I miss using it and it would be even better if the other half of my contacts finally had it too!
10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by jnepsa
Anyone wanna start a rumour about something with me? See how much traction it will get?
Maybe the launch of OS 126.96.36.199 for the 8703?
I am pretty good with Adobe....:laugh2: :ban:
I think everyone needs :grouphug:
Tags for this Thread