The Official BBM 5.0 Help Thread - Page 21
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 457

Thread: The Official BBM 5.0 Help Thread

  1. #401
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    P3 hooked you up on the last page!
    Welcome to BBos!
    Last edited by jasonfyc; 08-19-2009 at 12:32 AM.




  2. #402
    alphatectz's Avatar
    alphatectz is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow alphatectz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    PIN
    doesn't hurt to ask...
    Device
    9000 (Bold)
    OS
    v4.6
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    0 times
    Can someone anyone hook me up with an OTA for a 9000 running OS 4.6.0.167...(I know, I know their are new OS's but im waiting for at&t to give me an update)
    apples & berrys

  3. #403
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times

  4. #404
    alphatectz's Avatar
    alphatectz is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow alphatectz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    PIN
    doesn't hurt to ask...
    Device
    9000 (Bold)
    OS
    v4.6
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    thnx for the quick reply, but the ota isnt working for me:aargh4:
    apples & berrys

  5. #405
    alphatectz's Avatar
    alphatectz is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow alphatectz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    PIN
    doesn't hurt to ask...
    Device
    9000 (Bold)
    OS
    v4.6
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks, this ota link worked for me:hail:
    apples & berrys

  6. #406
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    sorry that page was moved HERE

  7. #407
    alphatectz's Avatar
    alphatectz is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow alphatectz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    PIN
    doesn't hurt to ask...
    Device
    9000 (Bold)
    OS
    v4.6
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    sorry that page was moved HERE
    its cool, but thnx for the help. someone got me the ota but not sure who it was....:hail:

    Edit: i just notice that ota i used wasnt the same bbm5 i had before on my 9000, im using the one u got me thnx
    Last edited by alphatectz; 08-19-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    apples & berrys

  8. #408
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    sorry that page was moved HERE

  9. #409
    Munchkin84nv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Can someone help me please? I had download the bbm 5.0 for my Storm 9530 and I'm not liking it too much so I want to go back to my original bbm version i had before the 5.0 which was the 4.7.

    Can someone give me the OTA to download this back on my phone? And directions on how to do it?

    Thanks!!!!!

  10. #410
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchkin84nv View Post
    Can someone help me please? I had download the bbm 5.0 for my Storm 9530 and I'm not liking it too much so I want to go back to my original bbm version i had before the 5.0 which was the 4.7.

    Can someone give me the OTA to download this back on my phone? And directions on how to do it?

    Thanks!!!!!
    Welcome to BlackberryOS

    There are a couple of way to do this

    1- Delete BBM5 off your phone through options-advanced-applications-highlight blackberry messenger and choose delete. Then hook up your phone to DM and let run app loader and check mark the old version (assuming you put BBM5 on by ota and not coping the files into the OS folder)

    2- use the below link to download 4.7 ota. First make sure you delete BBM5 off your phone. This will also delete your contacts for BBM make sure you have a back up of those.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/h...ota-links.html

  11. #411
    Munchkin84nv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Welcome to BlackberryOS

    There are a couple of way to do this

    1- Delete BBM5 off your phone through options-advanced-applications-highlight blackberry messenger and choose delete. Then hook up your phone to DM and let run app loader and check mark the old version (assuming you put BBM5 on by ota and not coping the files into the OS folder)

    2- use the below link to download 4.7 ota. First make sure you delete BBM5 off your phone. This will also delete your contacts for BBM make sure you have a back up of those.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/h...ota-links.html
    Thank You for your help!!!!!

    Will the first option delete the bbm contacts as well?

  12. #412
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchkin84nv View Post
    Thank You for your help!!!!!

    Will the first option delete the bbm contacts as well?
    Yep sure will but as long as you have a recent back up you can restore them from there.

    What I usually do is a selective back up for just BBM and then restore it.

  13. #413
    Munchkin84nv is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yep sure will but as long as you have a recent back up you can restore them from there.

    What I usually do is a selective back up for just BBM and then restore it.

    Okay thank you very much for your help! :hail:

  14. #414
    Tisbury is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    Ask :)
    Device
    Tour 9630 - Sprint
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    :(

    Hello all! My friend at US Cellular let me know of a new BBM 5.0 update and sent me the link via BBM. I clicked it, installed it, and rebooted my phone per request. When my device came back up, BBM was completely missing, which I guess is fairly common after reading multiple forum posts here at this awesome website. (New here, love it already)
    So far I've deleted BBM, downloaded 4.7, done a restore from a backup from last week, and still nothing.
    I kind of need BBM to be back up and running as I need it for work. Any ideas before I freak out any more?

  15. #415
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisbury View Post
    Hello all! My friend at US Cellular let me know of a new BBM 5.0 update and sent me the link via BBM. I clicked it, installed it, and rebooted my phone per request. When my device came back up, BBM was completely missing, which I guess is fairly common after reading multiple forum posts here at this awesome website. (New here, love it already)
    So far I've deleted BBM, downloaded 4.7, done a restore from a backup from last week, and still nothing.
    I kind of need BBM to be back up and running as I need it for work. Any ideas before I freak out any more?
    First off Welcome to BlackberryOS~! When you go into your applications do you see bbm installed? What OS are you running?

    Here is a link for BBM5: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  16. #416
    Tisbury is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    Ask :)
    Device
    Tour 9630 - Sprint
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    First off Welcome to BlackberryOS~! When you go into your applications do you see bbm installed? What OS are you running?

    Here is a link for BBM5: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs
    BBM 4.7 is listed in the apps, and I honestly have no idea how to tell you which OS I'm running. It's the standard that comes with the 9630 I assume... Where do I find that?

  17. #417
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisbury View Post
    BBM 4.7 is listed in the apps, and I honestly have no idea how to tell you which OS I'm running. It's the standard that comes with the 9630 I assume... Where do I find that?

    I know which OS you are running if it is the standard on 9630. Do you want BBM 5.0 on your phone? If you do then you will have to delete 4.7 off of it and do a battery pull. I would back up all your information via DM before you do this.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  18. #418
    Tisbury is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    Ask :)
    Device
    Tour 9630 - Sprint
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Deleted BBM 4.7, battery is out. Would I download your above link via OTA?

  19. #419
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisbury View Post
    Deleted BBM 4.7, battery is out. Would I download your above link via OTA?
    Download that link via OTA.....and then you do the battery pull,then you should be good to go.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  20. #420
    Tisbury is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    Ask :)
    Device
    Tour 9630 - Sprint
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    One thing I think is rather strange, is that after I delete BBM and pull the battery, when it comes back up I get "Application Permissions" for Sprint Navigation Address Book Plugin. Isn't that a bit... odd...?
    Doing the install now, will let you know when my device is back up and running.
    Thank you so much in for your help.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •